Braun Veiny
@

Yo! I have a homemade tattoo on my hand I did with a pin a when I was 16. It’s about an inch square and I’m pretty proud of my handiwork. At the time though I didn’t realize I was gonna grow up and be an airline pilot, so now sadly I have to get rid of it.

My question is whether it’s harder to remove a homemade tat vs. a professional one. I was thinking of using TCA. Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Took about five minutes to look TCA up, and it turns out it’s a poor man’s Wrecking Balm. It most likely won’t remove your tattoo, just fade it, it’ll be painful as hell, and there’s a chance it’ll scar. But hell, it’s no more stupid than the way you applied it in the first place.

By the way, what airline do you work for? Just wondering which one I need to avoid.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

i know an old chap that got a tattoo done 50 yrs ago, it was done while he was drunk and he is so ashamed of it that it has lived its life under sticky plasters…. baybee you could just cover it up each day if you dont want to remove it…

Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13
KnightHawk;62320 wrote:
Took about five minutes to look TCA up, and it turns out it’s a poor man’s Wrecking Balm. It most likely won’t remove your tattoo, just fade it, it’ll be painful as hell, and there’s a chance it’ll scar. But hell, it’s no more stupid than the way you applied it in the first place.

By the way, what airline do you work for? Just wondering which one I need to avoid.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Just go on and avoid them all.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

why don’t you just laser it off? i would probably take less treatments than a professional tat.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

TCA contains Trichloroacetic acid.

I keep telling ppl this and will repeat it again.

It is not meant for tattoo removal.

It is a medium strength chemical skin peeler when it contain 15% Trichloroacetic acid. This is meant to fade skin blemishes, acne scars and fine wrinkles.

Can it be used on tattoos?

Yes it can but it will only fade or blur the tattoo and would take months and months of use to break a tattoo down which would still leave an outline or scarring.

The acid peels away around 2-3 levels of skin per application – but remember it is an acid and excessive use will scar you. There is no escaping this.

Wrecking balm et al do reduce tattoos but with the money you spend on it and the time lost you would be better off hitting it with a laser.

Also I am guessing you used indian ink as the pigment?

This is one of the most stubborn to shift.

My father got some prison tatts on his fingers and used diluted nitric acid to remove them (which is way more damaging than TCA).

Aside from the scarring you can still see the blue marks which did not shift.

See a professional to get it removed.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.