Fresco
Participant
@fresco

Whats going on everyone, I’m a newbie looking for some advice. I’m looking for a cover-up on one of my tattoos. I have a spiderweb on my elbow (yes, I know) lol. I personally like the tattoo, I am not affiliated to any gang in any way lol. Most people think stuff like that because of it and I don’t blame them. The reason why I want to cover it up is because I noticed I have been getting denied jobs because of it. People have been getting the wrong ideas I guess and I would like to turn it into something else and see if I get any better luck. Any suggestions on what would be a good cover up? It’s black and pretty faded ink. Thanks everyone in advanced!!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi could really do with a pic.

In my experience most cobweb tattoos can be covered over and it is really a matter of getting a design that 1. You like. 2. Is big enough to cover the area.

You will prob have to go for some solid fill over the outline areas and maybe something colourful or solid black.

I have seen many covered by roses and such (none offensive) but really pretty much anything can be used.

Take Care
Matthew

Fresco
Participant
@fresco

Thanks for the reply, it is much appreciated. You’re right, I should of posted some pics to begin with. Well, here they are lol.

35ndkk1.jpg 2mmyg5j.jpg

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics. :rolleyes:

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

Thats pretty big, your cover up will have to be atleast that size.

Fresco
Participant
@fresco

Yeah, I know it’s going to have to be pretty big. I don’t really have a problem with that, hopefully the cover-up doesn’t go down on my arm anymore than where it’s at now. I don’t have a problem if it goes from the elbow up though. If anyone has any ideas of what I can turn this into, please share them with me. It would be much appreciated. I’m trying to get this done soon and see if I get any better luck finding a decent job. People probably think I belong to a gang or something lol, but I didn’t get it for any gang purposes at all. Sorry if this offends anyone, I don’t mean to (some people get offended) but I just got the tattoo because, honestly, I like the design, but don’t want to let it interfere with my job opportunities.

Open to any ideas though, let me know people. Thanks!!

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i never knew them spider web tattoos was anything to do with gangs anyways .
i actually like them tattoo’s my uncle has them done …. he has loads of old school tattoos done as a teen by an artist here called tiger sid :rolleyes:

i personally wouldn’t cover it up

Fresco
Participant
@fresco

I wish I can keep it, I like it. But it is interfering with my luck on finding a job. I don’t want to feel like I wasted my time and money going to school to get a bachelor’s for nothing lol. Honestly the tattoo looks like it can be easily covered, but then again I don’t know because of it’s size. I can’t think of what other tattoo or theme I can go with. I’m gonna see if an artist in my area might be able to help if I make an appointment at their shop. Thanks to those replying, keep them coming.

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba
Butterfly;61964 wrote:
i never knew them spider web tattoos was anything to do with gangs anyways .
i actually like them tattoo’s my uncle has them done …. he has loads of old school tattoos done as a teen by an artist here called tiger sid :rolleyes:

i personally wouldn’t cover it up

Spiderwebs (especially on the elbows) signify “doing time” for many criminals and such.

For some reason…Octopus immediately shot into my mind when I saw that picture.
Haha.

But what I would do is just go into a decent shop…
And tell them you’re open to ideas.

They should be able to give you quite a bit to work with.

I’m no pro, but I’d assume it would have to be something relatively symmetrical in nature…to cover the dark black lines.
Either that or you would have to UP the size quite a bit and get a fairly dark piece of sorts.

Whatever comes of it; be sure and post pics!
And good luck.

Fresco
Participant
@fresco

Thanks Jubakuba for the info! Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking of doing, walking into a shop and seeing what ideas they can give me. People have told me bout the doing time meaning, I have also read and heard from people that it symbolizes affiliation to the Aryan brotherhood? I’ll get this piece fixed and ill be sure to post some pics. Thanks alot guys, and if anyone has more opinions, suggestions, etc. I’m opened to them!

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly
Fresco;62000 wrote:
I wish I can keep it, I like it. But it is interfering with my luck on finding a job. I don’t want to feel like I wasted my time and money going to school to get a bachelor’s for nothing lol. Honestly the tattoo looks like it can be easily covered, but then again I don’t know because of it’s size. I can’t think of what other tattoo or theme I can go with. I’m gonna see if an artist in my area might be able to help if I make an appointment at their shop. Thanks to those replying, keep them coming.

Have you tried wearing long sleeve shirts?
I know it sounds silly, and obvious but I didn’t see anything mentioned about the idea (though it’s very possible I missed it).

I just think that if you like that tattoo, maybe you could cover it with some clothing instead of having to permanently cover up something you like.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
gnarly;62029 wrote:
Have you tried wearing long sleeve shirts?
I know it sounds silly, and obvious but I didn’t see anything mentioned about the idea (though it’s very possible I missed it).

I just think that if you like that tattoo, maybe you could cover it with some clothing instead of having to permanently cover up something you like.

I was thinking the same thing man. ANY tattoo will interfere with getting an office job unless you luck out and find a laidback office. Invest in a wardrobe of long sleeve dress shirts and prepare to sweat your ass off in the summer like the rest of us.

Of course, if you want to cover it on general principles, do that, because spiderwebs on the elbows are just fucking lame.

Just sayin.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I’ve got a spiderweb on my elbow, it hasn’t knocked me back from any jobs yet. Just wear a long sleeve shirt, or invest in something called a Tatjacket. Look it up.
You’d have to have an absolute mother****er of a boss to not let you get away with wearing that.
tat-jacket1.jpg

Fresco
Participant
@fresco

The thing is that I guess they look at me as some type of gangster or not good enough fir the job or something. Who knows, I think it’s stupid to judge someone based on a tat, but whatever. That tat jacket is pretty damn cool, first time I see that. Thanks for the ideas guys, I’ll be talking to a artist soon hopefully and see what happens. Btw, anyone know of the best shops in the RI, MA area?

sorrowlovesEmilie
Participant
@sorrowlovesemilie

t would be really easy to tur that into a sugar skulls tattoo with roses etc and you wouldnthae to completely get rid of he spider tatt, jus maybe go a bit higher towards the shoulder.

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

You might be able to lay the spiderman mask over it? Add a nasty green spider to the center of the web and color up the webs in purple. The contrast would be sweet and the old school element would steer clear of any prison or gang look. Personally, I dont worry about anything above the wrist. Any job that would be influenced by visible ink would probably dictate long sleeves and a tie. Same thing for work attire. Working at a corporate headquarters? Shirt and tie. Working at Starbucks? Let the ink show. HR policies usually dictate that potentially offensive visible tattoos must be covered.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.