prostethicbrain
@

hello,

i recently got a tattoo on my forearm while in berlin. it is a compass rose below my elbow, and the word peregrinus (latin for wanderer) stretching down towards my wrist. i love the tattoo, i love what it means to me. however, the first R in the word is a little bit funny, and i know that it will bleed and be ugly when im older. is there any way to have sucha small piece of the tattoo removed and re-done? can it be covered up with white ink? i will not link the website because i do not want to have my post removed, but if you look at freebooter script on dafont in size large and preview the word, you will see what my lettering looks like.

any help is appreciated.
also, i got it less than a month ago…is it better to take action now?

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

hi, have you got a pic ?
i think it will really depend on how small it is :rolleyes:

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

In answer to your question the best way forward is to have the ‘r’ reworked into the desired shape by an experienced artist.

This may mean that you need to thicken the lines on all of the letters slightly so that the overall tattoo dos not look oddly sized.

Depending on how much you want it altering it should be a relatively easy job for a pro to do.

White ink simply does not make for a good colour over pigment. Whilst not impossible it has the following problems;

It would require many sessions over working over the same area to cover black with with white. This can lead to scarring and a poor quality cover up.

White ink has a tendency to fade rapidly.

If you decide to use a laser it may take off the R but again it has several problems associated with it.

It is quite difficult to control in terms of it might damage teh rest of the tattoo.

It can still leave an outline, scarring and/or disclouration.

It is very very expensive and would prob need at least 3-4 sessions.

My advice is a rework.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.