hops523
Participant
@hops523

Now before I explain my situation, I’m pretty sure most of you will think I’m dumb, and some “flaming” might go on. But I really do need some help from you all.

So yesterday I got my first tattoo, no one in my family knows, and when I asked my mother a few months ago if I could get one she pretty much said if I ever did she would never forgive me, and she’d be really hurt. Being young and stupid I got one anyway. No not done in a basement, but at a reputable and professional shop. It’s actually a very well done tattoo, but I can’t live with myself knowing I went against my moms word. And I’m sitting here almost in tears knowing that I did.

It’s in a pretty hidden location but it’s fairly large. I only got the outline done and not even half of the shading. I’m new to the whole tattoo removal thing, but how do I go about starting the process? I know there has to be more than one session to completely remove it, but is there anything I can do during the healing process so it will be shortened during removal? I was also wondering if you guys could give me a price estimate, I can post a picture if needed.

I want to do all this without my parents knowing, so I would be really greatful if you all could help me out.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

that will teach you wont it emote_Stupidpeople.gif

I hope it costs you loads, just to teach you a lesson……….

I am actually quite furious with you…… your stupidity has provailed and it just shows the lack of respect you have for not just your parents but also the artist who did the work.. 😡

but pleaes be aware this is going to be the last you will hear from me, except for in a moderator capacity if need be..

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

erm, why not just talk and show your mum ? she might actually like the design or be more understanding ??

vala
Participant
@vala

its harsh to hear but I wholeheartedly agree with Outlaw here.
this is just another case of stupid people.
why not think of other options before hand, maybe a henna(sp)? why rush into things? why not have about a proper discussion with your parents? if your of legal age to have one then maybe there could be some leeway? and another persons view might aid your own.

as for the removal…not sure if there would be much info on it on a ‘tattoo enthusiast forum’, possibly another case of ‘stupid people’ so I would personally suggest using everyones internet friend…..Google.
and don’t just jump in with the first company you see/one which is cheap/one that has a fancy web page. look into a lot of them and do some research first (that’s you doing the research, not others).
im fairly sure they don’t completely (100%) remove but its 99% gone (although I may be mistaken here) and i’ve heard it can be fairly painful so good luck.

i think although potential a costly and painful lesson, thats one of the joy’s of life. hopefully this has taught you a lesson which you can adapt for other obstacles you may come across.

hops523
Participant
@hops523

Honestly I can’t be mad at what you said outlaw, it’s something I deserved, and cant go back to change it. So yeah like I said I knew there would be some mad people/flaming. I 100% agree with you. I don’t really know what to say… I honestly sat on this idea for a little over half a year and thought I was ready, I guess not.

PsychoticInk
Participant
@psychoticink

I can’t really believe I am gonna try to answer you on this. 1st. thing you should learn from life is that you DO NOT NEED your Mom’s approval for your life. Now as far as the removal it is going to cost you alot of money. Where I live only a Cosmetic Surgeon is allowed to preform the task. There is going to be alot of sittings for you and YES they will be painfull. The layers of your skin that has the pigment in it will now have to be burned away with a laser. I would suggest to you that you will need to seek a Cosmetic Surgeon and get a consult with them. Now as far as the total disrespect shown to not only your Mom but the art as a whole, I don’t believe a surgeon will be able to help with that. Now it has been stated that maybe you should just let your mother know and she may be alot more exceptable about it than you think. By the way I have been told the cost of laser removal from a cosmetic surgeon will set you back nearly $1,000.00 per square inch.

kinger
Participant
@kinger

lets be honest whats the worst thats going to happen when you tell your mum? im pretty sure she will get over it. Are you really willing to pay alot of money for the sake of telling your mum?
I think you need to accept its there for life..

Hope it all works out ok.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

A few things to know about laser removal –
1. It hurts
2. Many sessions are involved
3. It’s very expensive
4. There’s no guarantee that it’ll remove the tattoo 100%.
5. Chances are there will be some form of scarring afterwards.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I have a section on tattoo removal techniques in my blog and if you click on my sig in wordpress.

I have had laser treatments on scarring and although it was around 10 years ago the results were less than satisfactory for the money I paid.

It cost me the better part of £3000 at the time (it is somehwat cheaper now but still expensive).

The tattoo can take many months if not a couple of years to remove it depends on the size and pigments used as the pigments can take many months to breakdown and it will nearly always leave

an outline

or

discolouration of the skin (very faint to very noticiable depends on laser used)

or scarring.

The level of these can be very minor but there is no such thing as 100% unaffected skin.

My serious advice is get the tattoo completed so it looks like a proper piece of art and some half-finished scribble.

I come form a fairly orthodox Jewish family my mother was already dead when i got my first lot of ink but my grandparents and aunts etc all were alive and very unhappy.

That said everybody will be disappointed with you at some point in your life it does not mean they will stop loving you – and if they do their relationship is not worth having.

I always suggest removal as the last option because it is painful expensive and time consuming.

Take Care
Matthew

LiquidCarbon
Participant
@liquidcarbon

Can I ask what age you are?

Chances are you’ll prob do more things that’ll hurt/dissapoint your mum, almost everyone does. I know that I was a pretty shitty son sometimes when I was younger, and my mum always forgave me (even though its sometime took a while!).

Your relationship with her obviously means a lot, other wise you wouldn’t be so upset, so you guys are clearly close. Bite the bullet and tell her. Yes she’ll prob be really upset, and you’ll feel like the worst son/daughter in the world, but she’s not gonna stop loving you because of a tattoo.

CruisingComet
Participant
@cruisingcomet

When I had my first tattoo I was just 15 yrs old – I was scared too not knowing what my parents would say or do. I knew that they wouldn’t approve but I wanted one so bad I just had to do it, after showing it to them they were not happy but accepted it. I was told not to get any more done, but being the idiot I was back then & wanting to look the big shot at school I then went on to get more done, of course which I greatly regret to this day!

If I were you I’d just be honest and tell your folks, it wont be easy but It’s better to be honest and discuss things, it might not be as bad as you expect, good luck! 😎

Charlie888
Participant
@charlie888

Hi
I wouldn’t make any rash decisions. Livev with your new tattoo for a bit then see if you still want to remove it. If your mom loves you she’ll get over it I promise you.

Major Vagabond
Participant
@major-vagabond

We all have our regrets and they’re nothing to be ashamed of. However, laser treatments are indeed the weak man’s way out. What you have done is what you’ve done, and especially in your case, I think it would be better to keep your tattoo. Finish it, respect the art of the man who gave it to you. You messed up in your own view, that’s fine. Your mother, depend on who she is, may or may not forgive you, and that’s going to be the price you pay for it. Don’t worry so much about it in life. Love your ink, it’s become apart of who you are.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I have nothing to add since Outlaw has said it so well

alanw58
Participant
@alanw58

I would say… live with it for a while & see how you get on with it. If you’ve just had it done you’re still not used to wearing it so you need that to settle down first. Then show your friends & see what they think – they won’t all approve but the “real” ones will at least give you some support. Then if you’re still not up to talking to your mum I would speak to another close family member – brother, sister, dad, aunt, uncle, grandmother… etc. Get their opinion on how they think your mum will react. I know I discovered quite recently that some of my aunts & uncles have had tats for years without many of the family knowing. But really I wouldn’t even consider getting a removal – it’ll be expensive, painful & you may regret doing it anyway.

Hope it all goes ok 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.