BillyBob
    Participant
    @billybob

Hey guys

I would like a skin coloured tattoo to help reduce the appearance of this scar on my face.

I don’t want an image of anything, I would just like that tattoo artist to help cover the scar a bit.

Is this possible? Can tattoo artists get ink to match my skin colour and how? What happens if my skins tans a bit after a tattoo?

I have tried make-up cover ups but don;t like them.

d6bfa9394514986.jpg a3c13b394514993.jpg 3d79e1394514999.jpg

Thanks

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

A skin-color tattoo is absolutely impossible. As you touched on in your post, your skin changes color throughout the year, and also depending on your health.
    The color would therefore practically never match.

BillyBob
    Participant
    @billybob

Thanks for the reply. I thought it would be very hard.

However, I have been searching around and found out about private medical tattooing and it seems like scar camouflage is common practice.

My scar as it is never matches my skin colour so at tattoo that helps match it most of the time would surely be better?

Also would a tan not affect the colour of a tattoo?

almeida
    Participant
    @almeida

[lang=pt]Pelo que sei existem formas de retirar uma tatuagem, mas será que é removida na totalidade?[/lang]

BillyBob
    Participant
    @billybob

@almeida 143245 wrote:

[lang=pt]Pelo que sei existem formas de retirar uma tatuagem, mas será que é removida na totalidade?[/lang]

Is this what you meant in English?

‘I understand there are ways to remove a tattoo, but is it removed entirely ?’

I did not remove a previous tattoo. I have this scar from a minor surgery with 6 stitches

Anna Sousa
    Participant
    @anna-sousa

[lang=pt]Hello 🙂 I believe you can cover that scar :)[/lang]

BillyBob
    Participant
    @billybob

Great I hope so.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@BillyBob 143244 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I thought it would be very hard.
    However, I have been searching around and found out about private medical tattooing and it seems like scar camouflage is common practice.
    My scar as it is never matches my skin colour so at tattoo that helps match it most of the time would surely be better?
    Also would a tan not affect the colour of a tattoo?

Medical tattooing would doubtless make your scar darker, so it would be closer to your normal skin tone. and therefore probably better.
    I just don’t want you imagining that it’s some magic trick that makes the scar disappear 🙂
    You’ll also need a pretty good tattooist, that’s used to working on scar tissue. Definitely look at those medical tattooing pros.

A tan will affect the color of the tattoo to some extent, but it would probably never be exactly proportionate. Some tan may bring them closer together in color or make it stand out more 🙂

Karviniya
    Participant
    @karviniya

I think this is a bad idea. Work with scar is very hard and even just the image is applied differently and harder. And it will healed badly than tattoo on clean skin usually.
    And about your solve:
    skin tone is not equal level and it change from time from suntan from lighting. And color of tattooing skin havn’t so features as all skin. And after healed tattooing area will have not such color as after the session. If you tattooing this scar (and suppose get to pick a good color) this tattoed area on your scar will look like a very poorly applied tone cream.
    It’s won’t look good. I would not advise to do so.

BillyBob
    Participant
    @billybob

Thanks for the replies. I have booked a consultation with a medical tattooist towards the end of the month and will see what they say.

I will post any updates I receive.

Mary M
    Participant
    @mary-m

I’m very interested in your progress, as my friend has a similar scar and he wanted to cover it badly but not sure if it is a good idea or not.

BillyBob
    Participant
    @billybob

Ok so I went to a private cosmetic practice and had a tattoo to cover the scar. They called it a scar camouflage procedure.

These photos are taken one day after the tattoo. Obviously it is still quite red and I am hoping it will go down in colour soon.

I will upload some more pictures of the tattoo when it has healed some more.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

44b801403576727.jpg 4367e7403576736.jpg 4d382d403576742.jpg 1e858b403576749.jpg e4ee6a403576757.jpg a942ec403576763.jpg 5e9f95403576773.jpg dedc4f403576779.jpg 0e8a99403576783.jpg cc6aa7403576794.jpg

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

It will be very interesting to see it after three months when it’s fully healed.

BillyBob
    Participant
    @billybob

Yeah she said it would be a month before I could judge the real colour, but I guess it will be longer.

I am sightly worries as it is still quite dark and red, but it has only been 5 days since I had it done…

shellybelly
    Participant
    @shellybelly

I’ve seen some amazing work to reduce the appearance of scars, carried out by people who do semi-permanent make-up type work not ‘actual’ tattoists. I think different technique, equipment and pigments.

Hope it heals as you want it to – good luck!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.