isonychia
    Participant
    @isonychia

Hi,

My wife just got her second tattoo.

It has been 2 months and it still looks faded and not crisp.

She followed all the aftercare instructions properly.

The tattoo is very simple. The lines look fuzzy and not as she expected. Some of the small dots also look like they are gone and faded out completely.

Does it look like it just needs to continue healing or will those dark halo type areas not go away.
    tattoo5.jpg

Thanks for any help,
    iso

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Let me start by apologizing if you are not ready to hear the truth. This tattoo is done VERY poorly yes it is simple. It looks all blown out (the lines will never get crisp) the poser that tattooed this went to deep. Was this done professionally?
    The tattoo will need to be redone. Do not go back to the same person! Do some research and find a proper tattooist. Don’t just go to the shop down the street because it’s close and you have a buddy that said that shop is ok. (shops do not give tattoos tattooists do)
    If you let us know where you are at we could help you find someone to fix this. It really doesn’t have to be a world class tattooist but it does have to be someone that is competent.
    Good luck

isonychia
    Participant
    @isonychia

Yes, it was done professionally.

So as an example the dark areas around the straight line at the bottom (the whole line should be green but it just looks muddy at the bottom) is a blowout? I wasn’t sure if maybe it was just the skin still healing and thus there are dark areas where the scab was and it’s a discoloration of the skin.

What this tattoo should be is a green circle and an orange circle with a straight green line and like 4 black dots. The black dots aren’t even dots anymore they are almost unrecognizable.

We did research and all the reviews etc came back great.

They gave us 90 days to go back if touch ups are needed.

Now I don’t know what to do. If we go back there I imagine they will say it just needs to heal. I cant imagine they will say sorry yes we screwed up, we will fix it.

I don’t even know how that can be fixed without making the lines thicker.

I am in New Jersey just outside NYC if that helps direct us someplace.

Thanks for the help thus far,
    iso

@buttwheat 139473 wrote:

Let me start by apologizing if you are not ready to hear the truth. This tattoo is done VERY poorly yes it is simple. It looks all blown out (the lines will never get crisp) the poser that tattooed this went to deep. Was this done professionally?
    The tattoo will need to be redone. Do not go back to the same person! Do some research and find a proper tattooist. Don’t just go to the shop down the street because it’s close and you have a buddy that said that shop is ok. (shops do not give tattoos tattooists do)
    If you let us know where you are at we could help you find someone to fix this. It really doesn’t have to be a world class tattooist but it does have to be someone that is competent.
    Good luck

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@isonychia 139477 wrote:

They gave us 90 days to go back if touch ups are needed.

Never go back there unless it is to kick the ass hat in the nuts that did this.
    I’m just heading out the door now but I will get you some places to try later

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome.

That’s very poorly done.

Find a new tattoo artist and let them suggest repair options.

isonychia
    Participant
    @isonychia

@Sam-I-Am 139482 wrote:

Welcome.

That’s very poorly done.

Find a new tattoo artist and let them suggest repair options.

Thanks.

Here are some more photos.

This is right after it was done. I thought it looked pretty good.

tattoo11.jpg

And this was 2 days after. I don’t have experience with tattoos but it looked pretty harsh at the time. She said her other tattoo (that came out great) never scabbed that bad or looked that harsh.

tattoo12.jpg

iso

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Okay that tattoo has healed HORRIBLY. On the pic taken after two days it’s also infected. Looks like a beginning one, so the infection probably came from something she did after leaving the shop. It looked OK when it was fresh, but it’s healed really bad. It’s almost hard to believe the black is so completely gone..
    Considering the huge difference between what it looked like fresh and now, I’d recommend you do go back to the shop and hear what they have to say.
    With tattoos like this, where there are no line work, it doesn’t take a lot before it floats out like that, because there is no crisp line to keep the ink in place.
    Check with the shop, they should be keen to fix it and say it hasn’t healed properly, but maybe check into having another, better artist fix it. Or at least TRY to fix it.

isonychia
    Participant
    @isonychia

@poxphobia 139486 wrote:

Okay that tattoo has healed HORRIBLY. On the pic taken after two days it’s also infected. Looks like a beginning one, so the infection probably came from something she did after leaving the shop. It looked OK when it was fresh, but it’s healed really bad. It’s almost hard to believe the black is so completely gone..
    Considering the huge difference between what it looked like fresh and now, I’d recommend you do go back to the shop and hear what they have to say.
    With tattoos like this, where there are no line work, it doesn’t take a lot before it floats out like that, because there is no crisp line to keep the ink in place.
    Check with the shop, they should be keen to fix it and say it hasn’t healed properly, but maybe check into having another, better artist fix it. Or at least TRY to fix it.

Pox, I know my wife took care of it per the instructions from the shop. On the second day it just looked like a tattoo that was scabbing over/healing. We didn’t think it was infected at the time. I guess an infection doesn’t need to be painful etc so who knows

On the 2nd day pic why does it look like there is a deep groove in the orange circle and why does it look like the color is bleeding? It was hard to tell at the time what was color bleeding and what was just red.

Thanks,
    iso

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Sorry but that is totally terrible!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I don’t think it was infected. I think it was just done by an incompetent tattooer.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I say infected because despite the tattoo being green, it looks miscoloured, swollen and red in some spots. Infections can be small, and can happen even if you do everything right with the tattoo. The smallest things can set it off, especially on your lower arms 🙂
    But might also be due to the tattoo being placed way too deeply, which shows.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

That is indeed infected.

isonychia
    Participant
    @isonychia

@BertNaked 139493 wrote:

That is indeed infected.

If it was infected would that contribute to the poor quality?

Or does the infection have little to do with the quality and 99% to do with the artist?

If it was infected it must have been small and barely noticeable. Thus how would a person know to address it and avoid ruining their tattoo.

I’m simply asking as I’m curious. I don’t see any benefit of returning to the shop and questioning their work. (outside curiousity) I don’t really see them admitting to it. And if they do, I am not going to have them fix it there. I also don’t think they are going to offer us a refund. Plus I don’t want to get into a situation where they tell me it’s not a fault of the artist and have them sell me some other reason. I am not really in a position to argue points when I do not have any knowledge outside internet research and general common sense…and I have eyes. All i know is it doesn’t look good. It SEEMS obvious that it wasn’t done well…but I have heard all sorts of excuses in every industry and don’t want to be fed a spoonful of 5hit.

iso

Dan
    Participant
    @dan

@isonychia 139477 wrote:

Yes, it was done professionally.

iso

it does’nt look like it was ,

pretty bad IMO ,

time will not help this tattoo.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

@isonychia 139497 wrote:

If it was infected would that contribute to the poor quality?

Or does the infection have little to do with the quality and 99% to do with the artist?
    ………

The infection will cause the tattoo to fade, depending on how long it (the infection) sticks.
    The cause of it can be many reasons, but some of the usual suspects are;
    – The artist overworked some areas.
    – You put on too much cream – took too much care of it.
    – You wore a too tight sweater that rubbed on the tattoo.
    – Used needles.
    etc.

I have a area on my arm that was a bit infected. That was caused by where it was placed, in my armpit (lower pit), and it rubbed too much. So some spots there are missing color.

You wont get a refund..But you should give us the name of the artist that did this. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.