Spyd
Participant
@spyd

I have this idea for my 2nd tattoo pretty much completed, but I am not settled on where I’d like it placed. I currently have the red-winged blackbird on my left shoulder. That placement was easy; I wanted it to cover a scar. Well, I covered it! ๐Ÿ˜€ I love that you really have to hunt for the scar now. Besides the scar reason, I like the placement because I can see it, it can be visible in the right short-sleeved shirts, but can be covered if I want it covered. I like all of that, so that leaves my other shoulder. My husband said that he feels women with too many arm tattoos look like dudes. Well, not really look like actual dudes but it’s more of a “guy” thing to have upper arm tattoos. Okay, perhaps. An obvious area would be my back but I really want to see the tattoo, too! I love looking at mine throughout the day. Maybe because it’s so new? I’m not opposed to the back, but I’d like to both see it and have it been seen when wearing certain clothing. I prefer upper body placements for myself.

The tattoo idea is 2 monarch butterflies, representing myself and my husband. Monarchs because my kids love to find the eggs and raise them indoors and release them when they are butterflies. They’ve been doing it for a few years now, so seeing monarchs immediately reminds me of them. The coloring of the butterflies represents a song lyric that sums up a lot of feelings I have about the last 12 years of our marriage. It will be like a rainbow arch is going through the 2 butterflies, making a rainbow but not an obvious rainbow (like a separate image would be).

I made a picture of one of the butterflies on my tablet:

drawingpad5.jpg

I’ve seen some very realistic butterfly tattoos, and I’ve already emailed my artist to see what his opinion is. I was just curious to see what others thought … thanks!

Spyd
Participant
@spyd

I forgot – I know the colors aren’t “right” for a rainbow. The colors represent my kids; they are the colors they always choose when it’s time to pick things that have color! So my son picks blue, daughter #1 picks green, daughter #2 red and daughter #3 yellow.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

When i started getting tattooed i recieved some really good advice. An old timer told me not to use up all my prime realestate early into my tattoo career (getting not doing). So i avoided my back and shoulders and chest for a long time. Now that i have refined tastes in tattoo subject material i have started using up the prime spots. I hate seeing someone with a four inch tattoo right in the middle of their shoulder. Big pieces for big skin. I would recommend maybe inside bicep for a butterfly piece.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I would say get it near your lady parts off to the side of your pubic line.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

What about the side top of your thigh, I know you said you wanted upper body parts but?

What about your shoulder front side near your other tattoo?

Spyd
Participant
@spyd

I’ll have to look at other tattoos in those areas and see if I can picture it there. About the arm that already has a tattoo … I feel like the subjects would clash? If they could be small enough, I’d like to get them on the inner bicep. I’m just not sure how big they’ll have to be to get the detail. I’ll find a monarch pic I like and post it.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Ive seen some really lovely female butterfly tattoos. They don’t have to be big and you can have more than 1.

You could even go the 3d route?

You should run while you still can, we will end up suggesting a full body suite lol

2e1hvdu.jpg

1tamtj.jpg

28cdd8l.jpg

2l8zxj5.jpg

2zejcjn.jpg

25i0lr6.jpg

Spyd
Participant
@spyd

I said I only wanted one (the bird) but here I am for the second! I swear, I’ll be done after that!!! :p

I like what you linked, especially the 3d. I have one saved on my phone that I need to upload.

Spyd
Participant
@spyd

images.jpg

This is the image I had found and liked because it looked very realistic.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
Spyd;116422 wrote:
images.jpg

This is the image I had found and liked because it looked very realistic.

It is 3d ๐Ÿ™‚

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy
Spyd;116409 wrote:
I said I only wanted one (the bird) but here I am for the second! I swear, I’ll be done after that!!! :p

I like what you linked, especially the 3d. I have one saved on my phone that I need to upload.

Like we havent heard that before. You already have the itch, u just dont know it yet. The key is to keep the good ideas for work out of your mind. Once you see it in your head, itll keep swimming around up there till youfinally have it done. The real problem is when you have like 3 or 7 ideas floating around up there. ๐Ÿ˜€

Spyd
Participant
@spyd

My husband just linked me with some upper thigh images, and I guess it’s not something I’d rule out.

Spyd
Participant
@spyd

Decided on the side of of my right thigh, and appointment is scheduled for next week!

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
Spyd;116580 wrote:
Decided on the side of of my right thigh, and appointment is scheduled for next week!

Nice one, keep us updated with pics ๐Ÿ™‚

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I can remember back when i could schedule appts a week out. The good old days. Must be nice. Sat the 11th for me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.