talon
Participant
@talon

I have a tattoo that is between my hip and pubic region that I want covered up and possibly incorporated into a new one on my pubic region and would love some profession opinions on what I can do to accomplish this. Secondly, I got a tramp stamp a couple months ago and have now noticed that with my bikini on, one side is higher than the other. Can this be fixed without destroying the integrity of the original tattoo? The artist that did it is supposed to correct it next week but hasn’t given me any indication on what direction he wants to go with it and has me somewhat worried. Especially since he is the one who put it on crooked to start with. If I can figure out how to add pics I will do so. In the meantime if you want to see them, please send me your email address and I’ll send them to you.

Thanks

talon
Participant
@talon

Okay, figured out pics, they are in my galleries.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I wouldn’t personally let the artist that put a tattoo on me that crooked have another chance. You may allow him but I would want to see a good plan upfront, then a stencil or hand drawing applied so it can be checked in the mirror.

The other small piece is an easy coverup, good luck

talon
Participant
@talon

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking about the artist. I hate it too since I have seen so much of his work and its all been good with the exception of mine. I love the tattoo, just hate that its crooked.

As for the cover-up, I know it should be easy to do but I just don’t want it to be over bearing. Its really not as small as it may appear. Gonna take like a medium-large butterfly, rose, or star to cover it.

Thanks

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I really don’t see how that thing can be straightened out without intentionally making it asymmetrical, and adding quite a lot to the top on one side and to the bottom on the other side, and of course on the sides all over.

Although it it quite obviously crooked, (and it doesn’t take the pants line to see it) perhaps you should just consider embracing the asymmetry as it is. You can’t make it correct without making it far MORE asymmetric anyway, so why not just stick with it as it is. It’ll probably look better.

As for the other one, it is hideous as you say, but an easy cover-up. I should think, however, that this is not a very good spot to have ink on, due to the quite strenuous wear and tear. If you cover it up with a colorful beauty, won’t that beauty turn into a similar blob in a painfully short time?

talon
Participant
@talon

I have considered adding a flower to each end of the t-stamp with the one on the left being just a little bigger. Do you think something like that would work?

As for the “hideous” one, well it has look like that since the day it was done and never really had good color. That one was done about 16 years ago. So you’re suggesting more of black tattoo to cover up? Any ideas?
Thanks,
Angie

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I don’t know about the flowers. It might alleviate some of the distortion, or it might just emphasize it. If I were you would have someone draw up a design that’s correct on the horizontal, snap a picture of it and stick that picture on the fridge for a month or three. If you find the asymmetry pleasing, go for it.

If the other one always looked this bad, then perhaps the constant wear on that place doesn’t matter much. I have never spoken to anyone with ink in that particular place, but I would imagine that it sees the exact same wear and tear as the ditch (inside of the elbow) since that is basically the same kind of movement and rubbing. Perhaps some ditch veterans could tell us if those tattoos smudge out any quicker than the rest of their tattoos.

I will never suggest pure black as a cover-up…. that would always make it worse 🙂

talon
Participant
@talon

Thank you for your input.

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

The coverup shouldn’t be much of a problem. But I agree – find another artist for the Tramp Stamp fix. The design is nice, but I’m afraid that I’m not particularly impressed with the workmanship on it – a good artist would at least make it sharper.

I wonder if some kind of “ghosting” effect could work to fix it… I’m no expert.

talon
Participant
@talon

Thanks Zorba, already cancelled with original artist.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.