Andye
Participant
@andye

Hi,
This is what im looking at for my first tattoo, thing is i cant find any images of what the rear looks like. Does anyone know? has anyone had this done or seen it before? any ideas would be be appreciated, cheers .

Panter
Participant
@panter

It’s just tribal.
Bad idea in my opinion, it’s very dated and looks dated too but each to their own.

Any high street shop should be able to do it but tread very carefully as a lot of good studios (at least in this area) won’t do it any more.

Andye
Participant
@andye

I know what you mean mate I started to hate the look of tribal, who hasn’t got tribal now a days? But I just personally think that one looks sweet.

bluey
Participant
@bluey

I don’t mind a good tribal as long as it’s big and well done, I think that one could be improved by either wrapping it all the way around or making it symmetrical. You wouldn’t want the same so the common catch cry is go talk to your tattooist. If you don’t have one or a good reference, go visit some local tattoo shops. You are looking for clean well organised professional friendly staff. Explain what you are after and ask to have a look at their portfolio (s) normally there are a number of tattooists working in a shop. All good artists are really pleased to show off their portfolios. Once you find someone you are happy with pay your deposit and book in. Review their design, don’t be worried about suggesting changes, then go for it – don’t forget to post progress photos here!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I would suggest you look at alot of ink before makign a decision

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

If I had a £ for every time that image was used for a Tribal question.
My thoughts are it looks right on the person due to physique and if you gain wait it isn’t going to look good. No real artistic capabilities shown in this style as mentioned before now dated.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

My thoughts as above, if you have a body like that, I’m sure most tattoos would look good lol

Personally if you are prepared to get a whole arm and side done, just think of what you can have with a picture tattoo from an awesome artist.

I don’t like this style of tattoo either.

Amok
Participant
@amok

Not to mention that this pic is a Photoshop

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun
peterpoose;109555 wrote:
My thoughts as above, if you have a body like that, I’m sure most tattoos would look good lol
Personally if you are prepared to get a whole arm and side done, just think of what you can have with a picture tattoo from an awesome artist.

I don’t like this style of tattoo either.

Amok;109560 wrote:
Not to mention that this pic is a Photoshop

Yeah, that guy could have a tattoo of a giant turd and it would look good because he’s ripped. And I have to agree, that’s a Photoshop deal.

Plus, that is a very agressive first tattoo. You haven’t had a needle touch your skin and your going to do a multi-session piece of work, though. I would really be sure, but if so, go do as advised above and find an artist you like and trust, they will help you with the design.

Good luck! Let us know what you decide.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.