asiansenseizhan
Participant
@asiansenseizhan

my tattoo is almost 3 months old and it never showed signs of any infection. however around 2 weeks ago small bumps started to appear in some parts of my tattoo. i dont remember changing the way i took care of it…they just started to appear seems like. they arent painful and itch only mildly. what is this and how do i remedy it? also, can i have it touched up even if the bumps are still there?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

We really can’t help you without seeing the bumps.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Sounds like an allergic reaction, either to the ink or whatever you are putting on the tattoo.

DragunRose
Participant
@dragunrose

To answer your other question, no, a tattoo artist should not work on you if you currently have something going on with your skin in the area

asiansenseizhan
Participant
@asiansenseizhan

what should i do to get it to normal state? will taking benadryl work? or should i put some skin ointment on it?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

go let the artist look at it, they have more experience than a dermotolgist in this area, sounds like trapped moisture…………too much lube

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Agreed. After three months you should not be putting anything on your tattoo. You have probably been over doing it with the lotion and/or ointment. If the skin can’t breathe, bad things happen. Stop using any product at all, and just clean it once a day with normal soap, unscented and non-fragrant if you can help it. Then see what happens in a week or so. I’ll bet it looks better within days.

But, as stated above, going back to your artist is always a good idea if you have questions. Thats what they are there for!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.