Woodys
@

Alright, so here’s my main concern. I’ve been wanting to get a couple half sleeves (right and left arm) and also some short sleeves from my ankle to around mid-calf. However, the ideas that I have for them are really bland. Like, I know what I want on it … but I’m just not creative enough to think of how to make themes into a whole sleeve.

So, for example, if I had a band album art that I wanted tattoo’d and a line of text that said “stand your ground” should most tattoo artists be able to put their own spin to extend something simple like that into a sleeve? or should I come up with multiple tattoos to mesh together as a sleeve?

Thanks in advance.

BowsButtons
Participant
@bowsbuttons

The best thing you can do is take all your ideas to your chosen tattoo artist. They’ll make notes of what you want, how you want it and make copies of any pictures you show them so they can draw it all up for you.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Sleeves are really just like any other tattoo but perhaps bigger.

You have to think of it as one piece that might contain a number of elements or ideas rather than trying to piece together random or separate pieces.

It usually works out easier on the brain to think that way.

An artist can certainly come up with ideas or filler pieces but it will be on you for life and so should really have the main direct from yourself.

Also will you still love said band in 50 years? I still love bands that I grew up with 20 years on but it is just a litmus test for idea.

Take care
Matthew

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.