casper69
Participant
@casper69

hello, im 16 and im about to get my first tatoo. I am considering getting it on my forearm, but Im worried it will stretch, since i still have time to grow. can anybody give me first hand experience of whether or not a tatoo on my forearm will stretch drastically ?
thanks 🙂

BowsButtons
Participant
@bowsbuttons

Umm.. You do know you have to be 18+ to get a tattoo..?

casper69
Participant
@casper69

where im from, if your 16 and you have legal guardians permission you can get it.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Of course it will stretch 🙂
The question is just how much, and that’s something that nobody can answer. It all depends on how you’re going to grow, how fat or fit you’ll be and so on.

ALEX55
Participant
@alex55

i know you dont want to hear this but wait dude, im 17 man im your age but wait til you stop growing no reason to invest a lot of money into something when you know its probably going to stretch. im getting one im march when im 18 and for the past 6 months have been working out trying to get as big as possible so my tatt can look better i would advise the same for you but its your life man good luck

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i would wait till you’re in your 20’s personally, what you like and what at 16 is completely different to when you’re 21+ and that’s why some places now say you MUST be over 21, 18 in most places, but the older the better in my opinion. i know that if my kid asked me for consent at 16 i would say absolutely not, its irresponsible. and i have them myself so its not a prejudice against the art either. YES it will stretch, YES it will look completely different in 10 years, NO i dont think you’re ready.

if you really want to go for it its your choice but i would strongly advise against it. i also say i will never get a design unless i have unwaveringly wanted the same design in the same place for more than a year. a lot can happen in a year. please just wait, the opportunity will not disappear 🙂

jgat
Participant
@jgat
ALEX55;105176 wrote:
i know you dont want to hear this but wait dude, im 17 man im your age but wait til you stop growing no reason to invest a lot of money into something when you know its probably going to stretch. im getting one im march when im 18 and for the past 6 months have been working out trying to get as big as possible so my tatt can look better i would advise the same for you but its your life man good luck

Right, because the average male totally stops growing at 18.

bluey
Participant
@bluey

Ummm I think we have been here a few days before. In fact
“I said don’t mention comments recommending I don’t get the tattoo because of my age. Also I don’t know how active members on a tattoo forum are so uneducated but it is perfectly legal for me to get a tattoo with parental consent at age 16.”

http://www.thetattooforum.com/my-tattoo-stretch-grow-t20519p2.html?highlight=stretch

Call me Cynical but…
Seems someone is back as the last thread got closed

ArniVidar
@arnividar

There ARE more than one 16 year olds that want to be tattooed in this world, you know?

darkstar
Participant
@darkstar

heyyy give a real tattoo artist some extra business in the future when he gets a COVER UP…….rolls eyes..even if it DONT stretch, at 16 your into things that once your older, you will wonder why in the hell you ever thought it was cool…theres alot of mental difference in 16 to 18 and even from 18 to 21 and from 21 till older….your life is going to change, your thoughts are as well…im in my early 30’s and ive gotten the bulk of my tattoos with in the past couple of years bc i KNEW that life was going to be different…jobs that allow things, life experiences…ect..if you cant wait till 21 at LEAST wait till 18…get something pierced instead…. at least that you can take out….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.