jgat
Participant
@jgat

I’ve been thinking about getting, like, a tectonic plate ‘thing’ covering either half or all of my arm. Each ‘plate’ will have a scene from something I enjoyed from my childhood and teenage years. Favourite games, musicians and maybe films. First – Is this doable, like, can such a thing ‘work’? What do you think would be the optimum amount of scenes if they’re all around about the same size?

Also, I like the idea of getting something on my wrists. I saw a picture of flames pushing a little up a guy’s arms from his wrists and I’d like a tattoo in the style of that, but the flames were a bit iffy. Anyone recommend anything like that?

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

meh, you’re right, flames are “iffy” they tend to be overdone and not very good and if you plan to extend to a sleeve at some point you need to be aware that the wrist area will be the part that is on show to the public the most so i would start at the top of your arm with your ideas and work your way down, what will be will be. i think putting together a load of things that bring good memories from your childhood is a lovely idea, i dont know about the tectonic plate idea but i guess if you had it so that it looked like a load of different sections of earth that were splitting away from each other with the things you like sitting on each section it could work 🙂

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Im not a fan of half sleeve’s so i say go with the full. But end of the day it’s your decision.

bluey
Participant
@bluey

I prefer full sleeves, but then I’m biased – I have half sleeves and I’m making an appointment to turn them into full sleeves. They would have been better if I had gone full to start with.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.