Adler
Participant
@adler

Honestly it loooks like all their artists are pretty good. Rich stood out to me a little more than the others.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
DrewTattoo;105405 wrote:
What is your reasoning for these three artists? Just from the info available on the website or do you know of them from anything else?

I just looked at their work displayed on the website and agree that they seem to have high quality work(It’s not fair for me to say much more because I really am far from a professional in terms of judgement).

On a side note, does anyone reading this thread know anything about Hart and Huntington in terms of their work or quality? I’ve heard nothing but good things myself.

My assessment is based on two things the style of tattoo you want and their online portfolio. Nothing else I don’t know or heard of them before.

No matter how fancy a shop is the quality of work is solely controlled by the tattooist doing the work.

DrewTattoo
Participant
@drewtattoo

Two more questions.
How long would the healing process take for a tattoo similar to the one in the picture on page 1 be?
Also, if I choose not to go to Heart and Huntington, does anyone recommend a nice place in southern Ontario in perhaps say London Ontario?

DrewTattoo
Participant
@drewtattoo
buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
DrewTattoo;105444 wrote:

The first place you posted has better tattooists

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

tbh, davejednat has offered to do it for you, i would totally go and see him, he’s newer to the tattoo world but if you look at his posts you’ll see just how amazing his work is, he’s really inventive with his ideas, his composition is brilliant and he is extremely talented, i would take the chance there, we already know he’s a good bloke 😉 x

DrewTattoo
Participant
@drewtattoo
buttwheat;105474 wrote:
The first place you posted has better tattooists

Yeah I am most likely going to stick with Huntington.
Here’s my situation: I just graduated from school up in the Niagara region. I am currently living in Sarnia Ontario for the next 3-4 weeks as I wait to hear back from a probable employer back in the Niagara Region. If I were to go to the Perfect Image place, I would have to get the tattoo done shortly. I have a lot of spare time on my hands right now, but in all reality it is best for me to wait until I get this job back up in Niagara then go for a consultation at Huntington’s.

As for my current thoughts on the tattoo, I like the dark red colours as seen on the image posted on page one, I also like the shading and designs. I agree where the shadowing needs to be changed so it is as if there is only one light source to allow for proper shadowing. In order to avoid any of the white to bleeding away, I think I will have the entire leaf just be the red thereby reducing the resemblance of the flag but oh well. I still would like to have some white. I am leaning towards having the branches within the leaf to be white with a black outline and the red everywhere else. I also like the non-symmetrical life like appearance of the leaf. I am unsure as to what to do for the stem.

Thoughts?

whosyourdaddy
@
DrewTattoo;104829 wrote:
Hello all.

I’m new to this forum and new to tattoos
For years now I have been wanting to get a Canadian Leaf tattoo on my chest over my heart.
I’ve been doing research for a while now and I have found one tattoo that someone else has (I have no idea who he is or anything about him) but it is almost exactly what I want.

Obviously I want to make it my own and have been thinking of ways and ideas as to how I can really personalize it.
I will be getting it done at Hart and Huntington Niagara Falls.

maple-leave-tat.jpg

If anyone has any ideas or questions, I would really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks

so your Canadian, EH!

well id admit i like that one alot!

so copy that similair style but personlize it to make it your own.

maybe add a qoute into it! or your name or home town some thing that! add some more images to it that relate.

basically its up too you! be creative! dont worry about other opinions and just do it as YOU see fit!
remember its gonna be on you for life. Unless you want to take a sander to it later… LOL!!!!!
so think about it until it looks right! but dont wait to long then it will never happen.

GO FOR IT!

SpideyFan
@
buttwheat;104851 wrote:
Just get it done better then that one.

Excuse me, but have you EVER drawn a tattoo yourself? No? Yeah, thought so. I don’t see how you can even dare to comment on another artist’s work when you haven’t even tried to design anything yourself.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
SpideyFan;106434 wrote:
Excuse me, but have you EVER drawn a tattoo yourself? No? Yeah, thought so. I don’t see how you can even dare to comment on another artist’s work when you haven’t even tried to design anything yourself.

Why the attack on me? This isn’t about my drawing or tattooing ability. Just helping someone a better tattoo then the one posted.

SpideyFan
@
buttwheat;106529 wrote:
Why the attack on me? This isn’t about my drawing or tattooing ability. Just helping someone a better tattoo then the one posted.

Sorry, but it’s my opinion that no one should be commenting on how to properly design a tattoo if they haven’t done one themselves.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger
SpideyFan;106620 wrote:
Sorry, but it’s my opinion that no one should be commenting on how to properly design a tattoo if they haven’t done one themselves.

Thats just nuts! I cant draw but I know what a straight line looks like! I watch F1 and I can tell you who the good drivers are and who are the great drivers and why but I have never driven an F1 car. Shall I go on?

SpideyFan
@
Cornishtiger;106622 wrote:
Thats just nuts! I cant draw but I know what a straight line looks like! I watch F1 and I can tell you who the good drivers are and who are the great drivers and why but I have never driven an F1 car. Shall I go on?

How can you judge who a “great” driver is when you haven’t driven an F1 car yourself? Everyone in F1 is a great driver if they’ve made it that far, some are just better than others. Someone like you or me who lacks the talent to race has no right to judge who is a good F1 racer or not. The same goes with tattoos. Period. End of conversation.

DrewTattoo
Participant
@drewtattoo

While I suppose Buttwheats exact comment “Just get it done better then that one.” could be perceived as insulting to the artist who drew it, especially since he/she is not an artist, I do believe buttwheat has the right to voice an opinion towards it.

I’m far from an artist myself but, I still can definitely have an opinion and general idea as to what is high quality and what is not. This applies to not only tattoos but anything really.

Also, I’m sure there are people out there who are very deeply involved within the tattoo industry who are not artists themselves but are more than capable of giving well educated advice/opinions.

Everything said, I do appreciate your comments Buttwheat.

I now have a pretty good idea of what I want. I’m just waiting on a few other things to fall into place before I can book a consultation with an artist at Hart and Huntingtons and get the finally pieces together.

DrewTattoo
Participant
@drewtattoo

I get what you’re trying to say Spidey.
You have your opinion and that’s great but do we really have to turn this thread into an argument.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.