jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy
ALEX55;115712 wrote:
just throwing my 2 cents in and this is totally just my opinion…
you just bought a ferrari right? and your buddies are like bro gimme a ride lets cruise around and show it off! are you gonna say no man if i drive it its gonna put miles on it and then ill eventually have to get rid of it? thats how i feel some people are with tattoos, your so excited to get them but you always want them covered so whats the point? you spend 10s and 20s of thousands on cars, prob not more than half that on all of your tattoos combined! to get your car “touched” up is expensive most of the time, to get your tattoo touched up is free most of the time! so just live a little! i hate to say it but it seems like the peoples whos tattoos are the best looking (over longer time and not when it was first done) dont have the best body in the world. think about girls for a second (or guys if your a girl) would you find a girl with a tattoo that is perfect but doesnt have a great body more attractive then a girl with a tattoo thats a little faded but works out all the time and has a bangin body?! sorry for the rant!!

A: I personally don’t get tattooed for other peoples benefit. I don’t know anyone who gets tattooed purely for attention. I really could do without the attention. But it comes with the territory. So the Ferrari analogy doesn’t ring home for me.
B: some people spend way more than 10-20k on tattoos in a lifetime. Ask mrchen.
C: back to the car analogy, sure there’s nothing wrong with buying a car off the shelf that they’ve made thousands and thousands of. And more to the point cars are made to be driven in the sun.compare any 10 year old car that gets parked on the street or in the driveway to one thats parked in a garage, big difference. But if i had an original 427 Shelby cobra trust me that sucker would never see the light of day. Some artists are booked up for a year or more. So getting a “touch up” isn’t as easy as driving to your local body shop. And as for the “free touch ups” I again have to disagree. Most places have a time limit for free touch ups.

The only thing that tattoos say about a chick to me is, watch out. Tattoos on a female (especially extensive work) tells me that she’s a firecracker and up for it. But I don’t find tattooed women more attractive then their non tattooed counterpart.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
ALEX55;115712 wrote:
you just bought a ferrari right? and your buddies are like bro gimme a ride lets cruise around and show it off! are you gonna say no man if i drive it its gonna put miles on it and then ill eventually have to get rid of it? thats how i feel some people are with tattoos, your so excited to get them but you always want them covered so whats the point? you spend 10s and 20s of thousands on cars, prob not more than half that on all of your tattoos combined! to get your car “touched” up is expensive most of the time, to get your tattoo touched up is free most of the time! so just live a little! i hate to say it but it seems like the peoples whos tattoos are the best looking (over longer time and not when it was first done) dont have the best body in the world. think about girls for a second (or guys if your a girl) would you find a girl with a tattoo that is perfect but doesnt have a great body more attractive then a girl with a tattoo thats a little faded but works out all the time and has a bangin body?! sorry for the rant!!

-you cant compare tattoos to cars tho. try comparing it to some fine art. you do what you can to protect your fine art (like acid free paper and museum grade glass etc).

-i have about 13k invested in my tattoos and i am only 60% done.

-touch ups from most “world class” artists arent free. also consider sometimes you have to get back on the waiting list if you do want to get a touch up.

-no comment about the body thing…

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
ALEX55;115712 wrote:

That’s all well and good but if you’re one of those people who lays out on the beach 5 days a week all summer, there’s no sense in getting any tattoos. They’re going to get ruined quickly and you’re going to send all the potentially toxic shit that is in the ink into your bloodstream much faster than would have occurred otherwise. Also, I don’t know a single artist who will touch up work for free that was ruined by some jackass getting excessive sun exposure. That’s like asking Best Buy to take your TV back because you threw a brick at it. Furthermore, what about guys like peterpoose who actually travel to foreign countries to get work done? Is he going to travel around the world every two years to get his ink redone?

I get where you’re coming from and I don’t entirely disagree. Heck the piece on my left arm sees the sun every day (I spend at least 2 hours a day outdoors, weather permitting) and I honestly don’t remember to use sunblock half the time. A few times a month, I’m out in the sun for 6-10 hours hiking. I’m not going to go tanning regularly though as that would just be stupid. It’s going to ruin my ink, ruin my skin, and make me look a lot older than I would otherwise. And with all of that said, I’m betting my body is better than yours. 😀

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

we cant give advice to someone who has already made up thier mind and refuses to listen to anyone,

heck its just good advice……………………

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.