biaxident
Participant
@biaxident

Hey everyone,

I joined primarily because I have a big concern regarding my new tattoo. It’s not my first tattoo, but it’s certainly the most complex of the ones I have.

I got a compass rose tattooed on my inner bicep. The line work was magnificent when I left the shop… but as it began to scab it became distorted, to say the least. The circle is no longer a perfect circle like it was during the first days of healing. In some parts, the lines look “pulled” towards each other.

I have been applying scent-free lotion 3-4 times a day as instructed. I have not soaked the tattoo, I have to scratched not picked the skin. Basically, all I’ve been doing to it besides looking at it in the mirror is applying the lotion.

I’m wondering if this is normal and part of the scabbing and will go back to normal as soon as the scab falls out… or if it’s unusual and I should go see my artist.

Thanks in advance.

Adler
Participant
@adler

How long ago did you get it? You can’t really make any final judgments until its fully healed. Can you post a pic?

biaxident
Participant
@biaxident

I got it done on Monday. It’s now friday.

This is what it looked like then

6189166690_beb5858ea3.jpg

And this is what it looks like now.

Photoon9-30-11at306PM.jpg

As you can see, it looks… wonked-out.
Could this be the scab pulling on top? I’m hoping when it falls of it’ll look like the first pic 🙁

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It will be hard to tell anything until it fully heals but I don’t think it will be distorted when said and done.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, you’re really showing up close-up, in focus of two separate halve of the tattoo… so there’s very little to compare with regards to before and after. I’ve never heard of lines ‘moving’ unless you’re working out and actually growing fast in that particular area.

That being said, there’s no such thing as a perfect circle in a tattoo. It’s physically impossible on a piece of canvas taut over a structure of bones and ever-moving tendons and muscles. Perhaps only one in a million body positions is going to yield the exact same shape as the stencil showed, with the other 999,999 being slight to severe variations and distortions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.