bcrich1234bc
Participant
@bcrich1234bc

So im thinking about getting a tattoo. I’ve never had one, I’m 18. I have something pretty specific in mind, but it could also use some more ideas. I’m a musician. I’ve played guitar for 7 years and music is something im confident that will always be interested in, that said, heres my idea.
I’m thinking of the musical staff wrapping around my right arm from shoulder to wrist. I’m still not sure what song to have put on the staff, something with significant meaning to me of course. My “problems” are that im not sure how i would want to start/end it, and also there should be something around it or something, not just 5 black lines with notes; i’d like to have a good bit of color in it. Any thoughts on this?
Sorry if this is the wrong forum or if this kind of thread isn’t allowed, im a new user.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

The first thing that came to my mind was this piece done by Michele Turco:

0%20(3)2.jpg

My first thought as to what images to use would be ones that are in some way related to the song meaning.

bcrich1234bc
Participant
@bcrich1234bc

Im not sure that’s what i have in mind, i was thinking something more exact. But i do like your idea of having stuff from the song in it, thats cool.

bcrich1234bc
Participant
@bcrich1234bc

also i would want it to literally wrap around my arm, that’s a huge part of what i want.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, I guess the simplest thing would beginnning at the beginning, up at the top, then working the 5 bars down the length of your arm, round after round after round after round until you’ve hit the bottom and the end of the song.

Would look like crap, though.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

What about something like this.

thumbnail.aspx?q=1083326865362&id=1b6cf0f9cb50d3cd5cf9d619099d7450&url=http%3a%2f%2fth02.deviantart.net%2ffs71%2fPRE%2fi%2f2010%2f228%2f1%2f3%2fMusic_anyone__by_danktat.jpg

bcrich1234bc
Participant
@bcrich1234bc

I like that, but it’s not what i have in mind, also i didnt necessarily want the whole song on my arm. I was thinking something like the chorus and the more meaningful part to me.

Amok
Participant
@amok

I like your idea mate but honestly I don’t think it will look good. The link that Defiance posted is pretty nice, that’s how a sleeve should look.

bcrich1234bc
Participant
@bcrich1234bc

yeah i could see how it may look kinda “empty” but i dont really want a sleeve…. the more i think about it, seems like it would just come down to an artist that is creative, and knows what they’re doing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.