Clemson12
Participant
@clemson12

Hi, I’ve been to 2 tattoo parlors around town (there’s not many in town where I’m from, most people go to a place that’s an hour away) trying to explain my idea to them but neither one can seem to picture what I want, however I don’t find it very difficult. Just wondering if someone could attempt to draw my idea up for me. If so I’ll explain it, but if not then I’d rather not go into all the detail for no reason. Thanks in advance.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

How do we know if someone can draw it if you haven’t explained what it is?

Clemson12
Participant
@clemson12
buttwheat;96808 wrote:
How do we know if someone can draw it if you haven’t explained what it is?

Before I went through all the trouble of describing it, I was wanting to make sure that there were even people here who could draw at all. I didn’t know if this site had a lot of artistic tattoo people who could do that sort of thing or if it was just people who liked tattoos and wanted to show off ones they had. Also, I didn’t know if this would even be the right section of the forum or if I needed to go to another area.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Any section will work. There are both types of people here. Some people here are very good artists and others like me just enjoy tattoos.

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

Most tattoo artists require a deposit to get a project started. It’s not likely that you’re going to get anyone to create something for you here. Keep checking your local tattoo parlors.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Soooooo…. basically you’re looking for an artistic psychic?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

go to a tattoo artist, it’s part of the process.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Wardy;96830 wrote:
go to a tattoo artist, it’s part of the process.

She said she had already been to a couple and they just didn’t get what she was trying to do. I understand why they may have a problem with that if she described to them as she has described it to us.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;96839 wrote:
She said she had already been to a couple and they just didn’t get what she was trying to do. I understand why they may have a problem with that if she described to them as she has described it to us.

Sorry read it wrong was half asleep 🙁 haha

Panter
Participant
@panter

Draw it up yourself if you have an idea of what you want.
All I had was a very vague idea and a very, very rough sketch of it. I can’t draw for toffee, seriously, it looked like a 3 Year old had done it 😮
And, to be fair, the final design was nothing like I’d imagined but, it at least got the process started.

devans
Participant
@devans

Just tell us wot you want tattooing Clemson12 ? realy cant help unless you describe it

Clemson12
Participant
@clemson12

Well there’s 2 ways if could possibly be done. The basic idea of both though is to do the James Hetfield tattoo with the 4 poker cards, the numbers representing his birth year. In my case it would represent my graduation year (2014), so if you guys have any recommendation for how to represent that year with cards (mainly because it’s got a 0 in it) then throw it out there. The best I could come up with was 2, Joker, Ace, and 4. The cards will also have some sort of Clemson theme also. But here’s my 2 ideas:

1) I thought about making the joker have a small tiger standing up as if it were a person with a little jokers hat on his head. Then at the top, instead of flames, having a tiger crouched down as if it were stalking prey with it’s mouth open. Then at the bottom in the scroll writing “Clemson University”.

2) The other version would be to keep the same bottom part with “Clemson University” in the scroll, but rather than having the tiger on top, it would be tearing through the cards, lunging out towards the viewer.

The tattoo shops that I went to didn’t even attempt to draw it (acted like they didn’t comprehend it) mainly because they don’t draw unless you’re planning on getting your tattoo there. And the closest place that I would even consider getting one is an hour away, and I’m not making that drive just for a drawing.

Amok
Participant
@amok

You wont find a good artist willing to draw up your piece for free, which is what you seem to want. Why would they work for nothing?

And if you’re not willing to drive an hour for a tattoo it shows you’re not serious, and that’s probably why you can’t find a shop that wants to deal with you.

Clemson12
Participant
@clemson12
Amok;96916 wrote:
You wont find a good artist willing to draw up your piece for free, which is what you seem to want. Why would they work for nothing?

And if you’re not willing to drive an hour for a tattoo it shows you’re not serious, and that’s probably why you can’t find a shop that wants to deal with you.

I didn’t say I wasn’t willing to drive an hour for a tattoo. I said I wasn’t willing to drive an hour for a DRAWING of a tattoo…one that once I see it actually drawn out I may not even like. And I don’t expect them to work for free, but the shops around here basically want you to commit to getting the tattoo if you want them to do anything at all. But I am kinda hesitant to get one now because if it turns me into an asshole like most everyone I’ve heard from so far then I don’t know if I could take it.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Have you offered a deposit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.