TDW
Participant
@tdw

I have three decent sized tattoos and I love them all…including the one I got a couple days ago. The “problem” is that it appears a bit too dark. It is my first black/gray piece, so I am not sure what expect. I realize that tattoos fade, etc as I have a few others, but it just seems the shading is too dark. Any before/after pics? Thanks so much!

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hi. Can you upload some pics? My tattoo is black/grey, but I really don’t have any good pics to show how it faded after healing. A lot of my pictures were actually taken on video. I have some cell phone shots, which aren’t good and a couple half-way decent photos, but nothing that great. Mine was a bit dark at first, but I never thought it was too dark. I’d like to see yours if you can get some pics up! 🙂

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

How can seeing someone else’s stuff help you? You need to post a pic of your own piece and the people on here who actually do tattoos can tell you if it’s too dark. I suspect that either you are embarrassed of the work done on you and are trying to see if anyone else has crappy tats, or you don’t actually have any ink and are just trying to get pics posted for some reason? Sounds pretty suspicious.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

No Pics fuck

thumbnail.aspx?q=1032293843528&id=9f5f1c13a72e2c34bafe2d62789968a5&url=http%3a%2f%2fcounttopotato.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2010%2f07%2fRetard-Girl-I-CAN-COUNT-TO-POTATO.jpg

TDW
Participant
@tdw

LOL…ok whatever.

I was hoping to see some before/after of how the tattoos healed as I heard that the tattoo shading will lighten as the skin under heals. My understanding is that the skin under is bruised and red which shows through the shading causing the piece to look darker.

I am certainly not ashamed of my tattoo…in fact, I think it is awesome. Just seems the shading is lightly too dark and I had heard it will lighten up a bit.

Here is a pic. It is on my calf….obviously this is in pretty good light and right after it was done. 2 days out, it looks a little darker and has a brownish/red tint

gear_tat.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

The brownish/red tint will go away and it will be black and grey. The swirly thing in the middle will not lighten it is solid black. everything else will lighten some. looks well done I like it except the swirly thing.

TDW
Participant
@tdw

Thanks for the feedback. I am into biking and the outdoors, so the swirly thing was my attempt at adding the sun to a mechanical syle piece.

Yeah, I am cool with the blacks…would like the shaded areas to lighten a little, but all in all I am cool with it. Gets a lot of compliments. Just hoping people with more black/grey experience could tell me what to expect.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Don’t worry about it. It’s going to get much lighter. Lemme show you mine:

New:

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

you need to wait till it is fully healed mate to see what the tattoo will look like properly as there could be a really big scab there or maybe there is still surface Ink on you’re skin. See what it looks like after 4-5 weeks

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
buttwheat;89971 wrote:
No Pics fuck

thumbnail.aspx?q=1032293843528&id=9f5f1c13a72e2c34bafe2d62789968a5&url=http%3a%2f%2fcounttopotato.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2010%2f07%2fRetard-Girl-I-CAN-COUNT-TO-POTATO.jpg

Buttwheat you are hilarious. I’m stealing that image for my profile pic. TDW, that’s some nice work, man. I think it looks good now, but the detail will probably be a little nicer when it lightens up.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
ArniVidar;90007 wrote:
Don’t worry about it. It’s going to get much lighter. Lemme show you mine:

New:

What’s the range between pics?

1 user thanked author for this post.
buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Dave Van;90026 wrote:
Buttwheat you are hilarious. I’m stealing that image for my profile pic.

That is fricking funny every time i look at it I bust out laughing like an idiot.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;90044 wrote:
That is fricking funny every time i look at it I bust out laughing like an idiot.

I woke my girlfriend up because i burst out laughing

ArniVidar
@arnividar
imperial1904;90029 wrote:
What’s the range between pics?

Hmm.. an inch or two of hair? 😀

I dunno.. I guess it’s a few months… probably some 4-6 months.

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

I really like that tattoo. What is that thing in the middle? I think the solid look of it takes away from the other detail of the tattoo. The detail does seem very nicely done. Congrats on the tattoo.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.