Darlak
Participant
@darlak

Hey folks.

So yeah, I want to know what it’s called, and where I can get one. Not speaking of “3D tattoos”.

Anyways, it’s like a normal tattoo, ink and all that, only it’s literally raised from the skin, by a millimeter or so. Asked an amateur tatto-artist friend of mine, and he had no idea what I was talking about. So, do any of you have a clue on the matter?

Also, will it hurt and cost alot more than a normal tattoo? I’m planning on getting my torso and arms, and maybe my legs covered in fat tribals, so yeah. A normal tattoo of that size would be at least 10k$ here in Norway…

EDIT: It’s gonna be all black, btw. Also, most black tattoos I’ve seen turn dark blue-ish after some time, is there any way of having a tattoo stay black for longer than 3 weeks?

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

have you seen anything like that in person ????

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

either that or green! your not talking about implants are you? sounds like a scarified tattoo

Darlak
Participant
@darlak

Never seen it in person, only in pictres and, well, movies. Not sre if there’s a particlar techniqe for it, or if it’s just implants with tattoos on top. Are implants ridiculously expensive? As of now, I’m only thinking of having the edges of the tattoos raised, but I’ not sure how this will turn out as a tattoo, so I might go for the whole bloody tattoo(s) raised.

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

I dunno, they slice your skin and put them underneath, I have no idea hope expensive that would be!

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

ive never heard of a tattoo being specifically done to make it “3D”, but i have heard of 2 ways to make it somewhat like that:

1. An silicone implant under the skin. It involves opening a pocket under your skin and putting in a silicone implant with a certain shape inside and then sewing the pocket back up. I saw a slideshow of someone who got a pinup girl tattoo, then had a special implant put under the tattoo to make her boobs “pop up”. Was pretty cool actually. Getting an implant probably wont be the most pleasant nor inexpensive body mod to get done.

2. Scarification. Creating large scars in a design or pattern by removing sections of skin, and letting the scar tissue replace it. After the scar is as healed as it will become, it can possibly be tattooed over. Again, expensive and possibly unpleasant. If you have any scars from surgery or other injuries and if they are old enough. you can tattoo over them sometimes, depending on their age (older is better). The “texture” of the scar will still be there, but can be masked or even incorporated into the design.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.