MrAlex2You
Participant
@mralex2you

Hi everyone – I got my tattoo exactly 1 month and 11 days ago, and I’m wondering why my tattoo still looks the way it does.. Is it scarred? I tried to take the best picture I could with my iPhone.

photo.jpg

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

some people take longer to heal than others. it also depends on the location. i got some more work done on the inside of my arm and its been over a month and it kinda looks a little like yours. just be patient and make sure you follow good after care advice.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It looks like you got the aids. No it looks normal Is it on the inside of your arm? the skin there is soft and takes awhile to heal.

MrAlex2You
Participant
@mralex2you
buttwheat;83773 wrote:
It looks like you got the aids. No it looks normal Is it on the inside of your arm? the skin there is soft and takes awhile to heal.

Yep, it is on the inside of my forearm, so maybe that’s why?

Panthen
Participant
@panthen

I think certain ink and ink colours can also affect it. It’s definitely not a blanket topic.

For example my blue took quite a long time to heal, and on the inside of my arm the linework took longer than what I thought was usual too. It all worked out in the end with proper care, I don’t think you have to worry too much.

ithompson
Participant
@ithompson

My arms did the same thing when I got them done. It just takes longer than other tattoos, but it will go back to normal.

Sakura Bodyart
Participant
@sakura-bodyart

As it’s already been suggested it does generally take longer for skin to heal in the ‘softer’ areas of the body. To help your tattoo settle properly, once all ‘scabs’ are off apply a good moisturiser daily.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Ink can take a long time to heal especially where there is a lot of close fill as the skin gets packed full of scar tissue.

This will take time to settle down and can be as long as 3-4 months in some cases before you see it go down. Just keep it clean and moisturise.

Also don’t panic if it gets bumpy when exposed to hot water/steam this is the blood vessels expanding the scar tissue which is enflaming – it is temporary.

Take care
Matthew

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.