Evee
Participant
@evee

hi everyone. im new here and have a tattoo disaster id like to get some advice on please.

i made the mistake last night of getting a tatt done by a friend. i had seen work he had just done, previous work and ones he has done on himself and was confident he would have no problems doing a simple southern cross. i was wrong! it looks like a 2 year old has done it 🙁 this is my 4th tattoo and im fussy about what permanent ink goes on my skin and this one has left me a little depressed to be honest.

my question to all those people out there who are more experienced with these things is, what would be my best option to deal with it?

when the first round of stars didnt work he stenciled on slightly bigger stars to go around the others and then fill them in. he still didnt get it right. 🙁 it is on my chest which has very little fat on it so he blamed the bones and the difference in skin. this may be right i dont know cause im not a professional.

anyways, ive been thinking since what is the best thing to do with it. i originally thought i might be able to go to a parlour and get it turned into something else but that would be hard where it is. possible i guess but i wouldnt even know where to start designing something to incorporate that into (im not creative at all :P)

then i was thinking maybe it can be tattooed over in skin colour?? is that possible?

and i guess my other option is to have it removed but ive heard that is painful and scars.

any advice or insight into this would be really really appreciated. thanks in advance

190320110011.jpg
190320110021.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Evee;83215 wrote:
and im fussy about what permanent ink goes on my skin

I really don’t think this is true. You let some kitchen wizard tattoo you and you thought it would turn out well?

That is one fucked up shitty tattoo. Since its brand new go soak in a tub as much as you can I mean hours. Get as much sun or tanning booth on it as possible do this as soon as possible. Then after a few months get a laser session or two done on it. Then go to real tattooist and pick out your new cover up tattoo. Then the last step is to go kick the guy in the teeth that did that to you. Oh and kick yourself in the ass for letting him do that to you.

Adler
Participant
@adler
buttwheat;83223 wrote:
I really don’t think this is true. You let some kitchen wizard tattoo you and you thought it would turn out well?

That is one fucked up shitty tattoo. Since its brand new go soak in a tub as much as you can I mean hours. Get as much sun or tanning booth on it as possible do this as soon as possible. Then after a few months get a laser session or two done on it. Then go to real tattooist and pick out your new cover up tattoo. Then the last step is to go kick the guy in the teeth that did that to you. Oh and kick yourself in the ass for letting him do that to you.

Agree with the above. Man, how many times do we have to read about someone looking to fix or cover a tattoo done by a “friend” that they were sure would do a good job. I’m not trying to be overly harsh to the OP, but that’s what you (and everyone else) get for taking the cheap way out and not going to a legit artist.

Evee
Participant
@evee

any need to be quite so rude about it?? i had seen this guys other tattoos and had no reason whatsoever to think he would stuff up something so simple. thanks for some useless advice. nice to see the first experience i have on this site is a bad one 😡

Evee
Participant
@evee

and it wasnt about the cheap option. ive had other tattoos and paid good $$$ for them but as i said, i had seen his other work and it was quite good and seeing as the tatt i was getting was simple i had no reason to expect anything like this…grrr you people piss me off. came her for some helpful advice and all i get is this crap…

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Evee;83227 wrote:
any need to be quite so rude about it?? i had seen this guys other tattoos and had no reason whatsoever to think he would stuff up something so simple. thanks for some useless advice. nice to see the first experience i have on this site is a bad one 😡

I’m sorry you feel the truth is rude. The advise I gave is real and not useless you need to fade that tattoo before you do anything else the best time to fade it is when it is fresh and the skin is open and not healed soaking in a tub will allow water to enter the skin and dilute the tattoo and the sun will fade the ink. But if you feel that is useless don’t do it and deal with your shit yourself. Go back to the scratcher and have him try to fix it.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w
Evee;83228 wrote:
and it wasnt about the cheap option. ive had other tattoos and paid good $$$ for them but as i said, i had seen his other work and it was quite good and seeing as the tatt i was getting was simple i had no reason to expect anything like this…grrr you people piss me off. came her for some helpful advice and all i get is this crap…

i highly doubt his other work was “quite good”. Im sorry, we just see the story sooo often, they are all nearly identical in every way. People seem to not realize that its permanent, and is not to be fucked around with.

Anyway, the advise buttwheat gave you is correct. You need to get as much ink out as you can while its still fresh. Do what he suggested, then let it heal. When its done healing, get your cover up the correct way. Shop around at reputable shops. Dont settle for flat, crappy looking portfolios. Tattoos can and should be just as stunning as any painting. Look around at various tattoo websites, when you see an amazing tattoo, you will know. Once you have done all the research you need to do, discuss your cover up with an artist.

Dont fuck it up this time.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Again, don’t mean to be overly harsh but like was just said we see this all too often, regardless of the reason. Don’t be mad at us for pointing out your mistake. Was it done at someone’s house in a sterile environment or in a shop? Try to fade the hell out of it, and think of getting it covered but I’d assume you’d have to go pretty big. But yes, if you came here for some sugar coated replies you probably came to the wrong place. Sorry.

Evee
Participant
@evee
buttwheat;83229 wrote:
I’m sorry you feel the truth is rude. The advise I gave is real and not useless you need to fade that tattoo before you do anything else the best time to fade it is when it is fresh and the skin is open and not healed soaking in a tub will allow water to enter the skin and dilute the tattoo and the sun will fade the ink. But if you feel that is useless don’t do it and deal with your shit yourself. Go back to the scratcher and have him try to fix it.

the rudeness came from they way you said things. you assumed that i knew i was getting a dodgy tatt and you ran with that. and not that you are to know but i only have a shower, no tub and its raining cats and dogs here right now there we have no sun so yes, that doesnt really help me. i just dont understand why you need to say things ‘like kick yourself in the ass for letting him do that to you’. quite obviously i wouldnt have done it had i thought there was any chance of it turning out like it has. i guess not everyone sees the need to be tactful.

and maybe im sounding rude but i did not intentionally choose or decide to get a tatt done that was going to be this awful and its upset me greatly considering i made a choice based on his other work and somehow i got a dud deal. i come and ask for some help and i get smart ass comments. yes youre advice was fair enough and if i had both the sunshine and then time to spend soaking in a tub for hours (or even a tub) that might be helpful but i did also ask for advice regarding the end result of this mess.

however in the meantime i have visited the parlour where i have had my other tatts done and they have given me a plan i can run with and have assured me it will be fixed one way or another. thats the kind of advice i was after and was hoping i could get from a place like this.

and sorry but going back to the same place to have it fixed…mate you might think ive bought this all on myself blah blah but thats the opinion you have rolled with. not everything is always as black and white as you first think. in the meantime i new member has been discouraged from even hanging around on this site. if these are the kind of people that message here then i would rather not be here. i hate seeing arrogant people getting up people that really dont deserve all cause they think they are the shit.

im outta here and hopefully i can pretend like i never had the experience of asking for help here

Evee
Participant
@evee

before i go…its not about sugar coated replies…its about tact and freakin decency. you guys obviously are hanging out on a forum like this as you have no people skills in real life. i just hate it when people dont know how to talk to other people without being nasty

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w
Evee;83234 wrote:
before i go…its not about sugar coated replies…its about tact and freakin decency. you guys obviously are hanging out on a forum like this as you have no people skills in real life. i just hate it when people dont know how to talk to other people without being nasty

When you spend weeks worth of time in the chair getting awesome ink you worked hard for, and hang out here and hear the same story over and over again, we will see if you are any different.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Evee;83233 wrote:
the rudeness came from they way you said things. you assumed that i knew i was getting a dodgy tatt and you ran with that. and not that you are to know but i only have a shower, no tub and its raining cats and dogs here right now there we have no sun so yes, that doesnt really help me. i just dont understand why you need to say things ‘like kick yourself in the ass for letting him do that to you’. quite obviously i wouldnt have done it had i thought there was any chance of it turning out like it has. i guess not everyone sees the need to be tactful.

and maybe im sounding rude but i did not intentionally choose or decide to get a tatt done that was going to be this awful and its upset me greatly considering i made a choice based on his other work and somehow i got a dud deal. i come and ask for some help and i get smart ass comments. yes youre advice was fair enough and if i had both the sunshine and then time to spend soaking in a tub for hours (or even a tub) that might be helpful but i did also ask for advice regarding the end result of this mess.

however in the meantime i have visited the parlour where i have had my other tatts done and they have given me a plan i can run with and have assured me it will be fixed one way or another. thats the kind of advice i was after and was hoping i could get from a place like this.

and sorry but going back to the same place to have it fixed…mate you might think ive bought this all on myself blah blah but thats the opinion you have rolled with. not everything is always as black and white as you first think. in the meantime i new member has been discouraged from even hanging around on this site. if these are the kind of people that message here then i would rather not be here. i hate seeing arrogant people getting up people that really dont deserve all cause they think they are the shit.

im outta here and hopefully i can pretend like i never had the experience of asking for help here

I know your not around anymore to read this but you should of know you were going to get a crappy tattoo you got it in someones kitchen. You don’t have a tub, there’s no sun I don’t have the time anymore excuses? Enjoy your tattoo you deserve it. Have a nice day and I’m glad you didn’t read this because your gone.

Panthen
Participant
@panthen

Question, why didn’t you stop after the first star? You should’ve gotten up and looked at it. You were cool with four more shitty stars even after the first shitty one?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

You know.. normally I would have kicked all y’all in the nuts for being pricks to Evee, but…. oh well.

Evee: You came onto a tattoo forum filled with people who have the highest regard for the art of tattooing and those that do it well. At the same time, we also LOATHE people that do it poorly. As you now see on your chest, yours was done poorly, which means that we now loathe your friend. He is a Scratcher. A Kitchen Magician. The lowest life-form living on this great earth of ours. Yes.. even lower than cockroaches and amoebas.

Yes, the replies you received could have been waddled in cotton before they were thrown your way, but the sad truth is that you actually received the most helpful advice anyone could have given you… and you chose to ignore it.

If you truly want to get the best tattoo possible out of this disaster, you NEED to fade it as much and as quickly as possible. Standing around whining about rain is just stupid! Do you want it fixed or not? And quickly means, it has to be done NOW, TODAY, while it’s still healing!

Go to a tanning salon. Twice a day if possible. Heck, wear clothes in there if you don’t want to get tan or burn to a crisp, but bombard the hell out of that thing. That will destroy the ink.
Also, you have a shower.. great. You can run a hot shower and run it across the tattoo… as hot as your breasts can take it (you don’t want to burn yourself) and then vigorously clean the wound with scented soap, rubbing it as much as you can without hurting yourself too much. This will dislodge the ink from the wound.. you will basically bleed much of it away. It’ll probably hurt a bit, but not as much as your new cover-up is going to hurt you.
All of this is the stuff that any tattoo artist worth his salt will tell you NOT to do, because it will fade your tattoo. In your case, that is a very good thing!
Perhaps, if you’re lucky, that will be enough, but perhaps you’d require a laser session to get it real light and make the replacement tattoo that much easier to do.

Are you following me here? Do you want a great big dark cover-up, or do you want a light and beautiful cover-up? Those are your choices, and apparently not what your regular tattoo artist told you.
Getting it covered as is is NOT the only way, and you can save yourself so much pain if you just LISTEN TO WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO TELL YOU, because we are honestly and truly trying to help you save this disaster.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I would try laser removal. I’ve had 2 tattoos lasered and you can’t see a scar or anything. Yeah it hurt but it was worth the pain. I just didn’t like my tattoos anymore.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.