azrael
@

Wait a minute….did i just read a post that someone cannot post about tattooing in a tattoo forum? FOR REAL? I read his post, he may have been in the wrong area but its up to the pros and administrator to direct people to the right area. It was not that persons fault. What about the people that shunned him? They were in the wrong. What about KnightHawk? He was totally out of line. My opinion is this: a man asked a question and had a thousand and one other things thrown at him. By the way, jtdaltonsr, u want to tune ur machine, start at around 6 volts. If it freezes up, open up the space between the armeture and coils little till it starts to hit. U dont want it to hit too hard, so just pull it back a little bit. Run you a line and see how that works. You may need to adjust accourdingly, but I was always told for lining, the gap should be about a dimes worth. Needle depth should be about the same, a dimes worth while ur machine is fully loaded. Shading you want the volts to be around 7.5, gap to be around nickels worth. try that and see if it helps. hold ur machine in your hand firmly, at 45 degree angle to “push” ink under skin. be careful not to skip, you will notice this if you do this. the ink will be thicker in some areas than some. also, on the top spring, try to put some a&d ointment on the contact srew where it touches the spring. it will make a better contact, and if u havent already, u may need to sand that area bc it will occumulate a black mess and not get a good connection. hope this helps, as i thought that is what this forum was for in the first place. if im in the wrong area, dont hate, just relate!!! chao

azrael
@

I totally understand…honestly I do, but what do you do when you are NOT a pro, and need some help? And please, NO FUCKING SMART REMARKS. I just think there should be a section for up and coming artist to ask questions TO the pros so they can improve and NOT get called a…..ahem…..Scratcher. Even an aprentice wants to improve on the knowledge he is gaining. At least I do. I never stop with what I learn in a shop, I ALWAYS research. Ive even found that some things told in shop to not work, and found that the answers that DO work come from….again….ahem….scratchers. We all have information, experiences, and we all learn from that. So whats wrong with an OPEN forum for ALL questions, pro and unpro?(dont thing thats a work, lol) And please, dont say to keep out scratchers because they need help too. If I can give a…ahem….scatcher some advice on how to properly do something to IMPROVE his tattooing, whats the big deal? That could define weather or not he is or is not a scratcher, if he is, the knowledge gained will improve him and direct him to the PRO side of tattooing. ANYONE AGREE? and, AGAIN>………NO FUCKING SMART REMARKS PLEASE. IF YOU POST JUST FOR THE SAKE OF SOMEONE SEEING UR NAME AND GETTING POINTS, DONT EVEN BOTHER. I WANT REAL INCITE. THANKS ALL!:D:D:D:D:D

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

so…….., are you actually in an apprenticship with a mentor or not…….?????

sorry, but i couldn’t read and understand your whole rant,……….but the basic rules are

i don’t know if they allow certified apprentices in there or not ????…

post up some of your work……..

azrael
@

Oh sorry, after I read my post it does look like Im stating Im an apprentice. No Im not an official apprentice YET. I go to a shop religiously and Im trying to get one, but currently not. They still give me advice because my best friend is working there. Sorry for the confusion!!! I also appologise for the first post, just frustrated that they limit what can be talked about in here “just because they can.” Abuse of power if u ask me, but who am I, right? Anywho, is there any sites that ARE willing to help ANYONE who has questions? No Im no scratcher by the way. I dont do tattoos unless Im in the shop, which is barely because, of coarse, Im not an apprentice yet. They are just aware of my abilities and let me do around 1 tat every other month or so, and have a full shop right now. Sorry, no pics Im old school…lol I have some on my phone if u want me to txt them to you, but that is all I have:).

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
azrael;79726 wrote:
No Im no scratcher by the way. I dont do tattoos unless Im in the shop,

You say your not a scratcher. Why don’t you?
You probably just gave a good answer on why you don’t scratch. So why would you give advice to someone on how to do it?
I’m not trying to be a prick it’s a honest question.

azrael
@

Well, honestly, and this is ALL HONESTY….This site has a different definition of a scratcher than what I would consider scratcher. They see scratchers as someone that doesnt care about the art, the outcome or the sterility. I care about ALL of that, and then some.I may be one IN MY OWN EYES because Im neither pro nor a “proper” apprentice, but I always thought scratchers were just people doing tats that dont do at a shop nor as aprentice. I just didnt want to open a door to someone getting the wrong picture about myself. And as far as advice, i was typing as I was being told by an aprentice. Hey, ask all the questions you want dude, its cool. The reason I gave advise is because its free, someone must need the knowledge and I dont feel its fair to limit to just professionals. They already know the answer. We dont. We cant know until someone somewhere tells us. I might have been wrong on what I was saying, but that is what was working for me. And yes, ur being a prick….JUST KIDDIN DUDE!!!!! keep tatting up and asking questions, Because I will. Its the only way to gain knowledge outside a shop. And dude, I just checked your tats, did u do those or are those the tats u got on urself? Either way< WOW…great work dude.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Here’s my thought….. Anyone can find a tattoo artist SOMEWHERE near them to learn from. It might not come easy, and it might take a lot of work, but I can’t see any good reason to just start practicing without a mentor to teach proper technique. I decided I wanted to get serious about art and graphic design. I looked online and found some local artists whose work I admire. I approached a few and got some advice on how to get into the business. I finally found one willing to put some time and energy into working with me one on one to improve my traditional art, which in turn makes me a better designer.

NOW… I’m definitely not experimenting with something as permanent as a tattoo… but even with something as harmless as creating art, I recognized that even if I felt I had some talent, I needed to find someone who was successful at it to help me along through the development. I’m also enrolled in school, but having that mentor keeps me going through the rough spots.

Name any profession where you would recommend going out and dabbling on your own without putting in some time with someone who can teach you the tricks of the trade.

azrael
@

You are more correct than you know. And it is REALLY hard to find someone in my area. The closest shops are around hour to an hour half away, and man, they suck. I would have to travel out of state, which im willing to do, its not out of the question, but really hard. The shop I go to really wants to apprentice me, which is actually out of state, but everyone in the shop has an apprentice right now. I can understand, and I guess Im just waiting my turn. I LOVE to tattoo. I mean LOVE it. I feel it was what i was meant for. I have been “dabbing” in it since I was around 9! Im now 29. My time will come, and my time will shine. Jen, those words were very encouraging, especially someone that WANTS to dedicate more to thier art, whether it be tattoo or stick figures! Also would be awesome if there was a “tattoo school.” Hey, I just thought of a great IDEA!!! BWAAAA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Sorry, it is very simple.

Any and all unlicensed tattooing discussions are forbidden here. There are no doubt many other forums out there that cater to your needs, but this one does not.

Thread closed.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Tattoo question for tattoo forum’ is closed to new replies.