ZSchiffman
Participant
@zschiffman

Hey everyone,

I’ll get right to it, my grandma recently died and i want to get a memorial for her asap but in this state, i can’t really be creative. I know i want to have roses in it because she always had beautiful rose bushes in her yard that she had to teach me and my cousins how to water (all of my moms side of the family lived on one street. Me my sister and my parents, then my two cousins and my aunt and uncle across the street, and my grandma down the block) them every spring because “kids today dont remember anything”. She was the toughest woman i’ve ever met even at 89. She hadn’t left her house in something like 2 years except to go to the hospital once and still pushed a guy who was posing as the cable guy out of her door when he asked her to let him in to fix it. He turned out to be a thief who had done that all over town and robbed like 20 ppl. She called the police and caught him. Ya, that was a long winded way of saying i want it to have a rose or roses on it. Also we’re not religious so no praying hands or crosses really. Im thinking just a rose bud and her name, possibly on a scroll. Just pictures of good roses you’ve seen or any ideas would help.

Thanks,
Zac

ithompson
Participant
@ithompson

http://tinyurl.com/23wpyfn

You can also hit images and get even more.

ZSchiffman
Participant
@zschiffman

Dude, you didn’t have to be an ass about it, she died yesterday. I’m looking for personal, meaningful suggestions from others with tattoos. I’m not retarded, i can look at pictures all day. That’s not the same as hearing stories of other people with memorial tattoos. If you can’t say anything nice, dont say anything at all.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I love rose tattoos and you have many options.

There is the old school option of roses with banners with the name of your grand mother and dates.

Alternatively I have a few suggestions;

You could get a rose bud (showing the birth) a partial opening rose (the growing up of your gran) a rose in full bloom (your gran in life) and then finally a rose shedding it’s petals (showing her passing).

These can be grouped into a bunch or as separates.

Another is that you could have some spectacles (looking upon a loved one) or a watch (time spent with them) that is surrounded by rose petals and if you like a full rose in the background.

You could have a single rose lying flat maybe with the name or dates on the stem of the rose or perhaps a chain or jewelery wrapped around the rose to represent your grandmother.

The key thing is do not rush it and take time to think about what would honour her memory and spirit best.

I have dealt with a lot of death and whilst you will feel each one differently – it is only with time that it becomes bearable. If I am honest the pain never leaves it is only dulled by the good memories that you have.

Take care
Matthew

ithompson
Participant
@ithompson

If you want it to be personal why not go out to her garden and pick one of the roses?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I’m sorry for your loss and I hope that you can keep her memory special in your heart for the rest of your life. That said, asking a bunch of strangers on the internet about finding a special tat is not the way to do this. The Google post above, while a bit sarcastic, is a better way to find your vision.

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

Go to a reputable artist and get them to draw you up a design

PandorasJar
Participant
@pandorasjar

Sorry for your loss.
I’ve got a memorial tat that meant a lot to me, not anyone else. (My shark one in my album) I like the rose idea as they actually mean something to you. There was a tat like this on one of the ‘Ink’ shows a while back. The guy had roses for each family member in different sizes and shapes, ie bud, fully open etc.
As everyone here is saying though, the bottom line is that it has to be yours. It’s your tribute to her, not ours.
xx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.