lingpanda01
@

Hello. I am getting my first tattoo and tried to do some preliminary research online in order to see how much I’d be paying. I know you have to pay a lot if you want quality. I just wanted to make sure that, wihle I am getting quality, I’m not going to get ripped off and my wallet destroyed because I was uninformed.

I read some tattoo shop reviews where people in retrospect after getting their first tattoo, realized they were horribly ripped off.

I tried e-mailing the tattoo shops with the picture of my tattoo and asking how much it would cost and how long it would take. It’s a 3.5 inch by 5 inch picture on my left upper arm. However, none of them would tell me via e-mail or phone how much it costs and asked me to come in person instead.

They did however say it can be done in one session in about an hour.

Can you guys help me out and tell me how much should I expect to be paying? On the bottom is a picture of the tattoo. All in black on my upper left arm at 3.5 inch by 5 inches.

Also, I live in Northern Virginia – a suburb of Washington, DC. (Not sure how much location effects the price.)

Thanks!

dragonlance-1.jpg

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

If they can do it in an hour I would find out what their hourly rates are. My artist charges $125/hr tattoo and my boyfriend’s artist charges $145/hr. Check portfolios to be sure you are getting someone good. You don’t want a jacked up tattoo just so you can save a few bucks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.