aussie.jake
Participant
@aussie-jake

I recently got my first tattoo, which is the Pink Floyd Dark Side of The Moon logo, and I already want to get more.
I was just wanting some suggestions as to what I can add on to this, because I can’t think of anything.
Thanks, Jake
th_30052010.jpg
th_30052010002.jpg
th_30052010001.jpg

Dmac
Participant
@dmac

I say keep it like that (unless you’re completley sure you want to add to it) because to me that’s just an awesome rockin tat by itself. But, maybe you could do something like a galaxy type thing behind it. You know, moon, stars, planets, black wholes, red dwarfs, etc etc. That could be cool.

aussie.jake
Participant
@aussie-jake

Honestly, I’m not completely sure whether I do want to add more to it, but I definatly do want some more ink regardless.
Cheers for your input buddy, I’ll keep thinking about it.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

If you wanted to keep within the genre of Pink Floyd (awesome band btw) there is a huge amount of imagery you could take from The Wall.

The puppet kid on broken strings or the judge would make an excellent tattoo.

As said a galaxy themed would extend the tattoo you have or why not consider a new project on another part of your body.

There is so much different styles and you should have plenty of skin to consider getting it done on.

Take Care
Matthew

anjayenunciates
Participant
@anjayenunciates
aussie.jake;68632 wrote:
I recently got my first tattoo, which is the Pink Floyd Dark Side of The Moon logo, and I already want to get more.
I was just wanting some suggestions as to what I can add on to this, because I can’t think of anything.
Thanks, Jake
th_30052010.jpg
th_30052010002.jpg
th_30052010001.jpg

Have you ever seen a Pink Floyd laser light show? I used to go to one of those shows all the time in high school. It was pretty amazing. They’d project gigantic images of things related to whatever song was playing. The majority of the images look like neon lights (the tubular ones, like in an open sign?). The image I remember the best is when they were playing “Money,” and it showed a piggie bank, neon pink outlined, with a hand holding a neon green dollar being placed in it. During time they showed a watch face, a sun, and rain falling.

Anyways, if there was any way to add imagery from the songs in Dark Side of the Moon, but in the laser light style, that’d be pretty amazing. You’d have to stick with some pretty simple images, but the background could be very abstract and colorful.

I’m gonna try and find a video on YouTube of the laser light show. I’ll edit this post when I find it.
-“Time” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Yumd22f5o
-“Comfortably Numb” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHbS95bKjo8&feature=related
-“Money” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH8T7exm9gQ&feature=related

aussie.jake
Participant
@aussie-jake
Sherav;68643 wrote:
Hi

If you wanted to keep within the genre of Pink Floyd (awesome band btw) there is a huge amount of imagery you could take from The Wall.

The puppet kid on broken strings or the judge would make an excellent tattoo.

As said a galaxy themed would extend the tattoo you have or why not consider a new project on another part of your body.

There is so much different styles and you should have plenty of skin to consider getting it done on.

Take Care
Matthew

Originally, I was going to get a “The Wall” themed tattoo, but Dark Side of the Moon has more meaning to me.
Thank you for some suggestions
-Jake

aussie.jake
Participant
@aussie-jake
anjayenunciates;68683 wrote:
Have you ever seen a Pink Floyd laser light show? I used to go to one of those shows all the time in high school. It was pretty amazing. They’d project gigantic images of things related to whatever song was playing. The majority of the images look like neon lights (the tubular ones, like in an open sign?). The image I remember the best is when they were playing “Money,” and it showed a piggie bank, neon pink outlined, with a hand holding a neon green dollar being placed in it. During time they showed a watch face, a sun, and rain falling.

Anyways, if there was any way to add imagery from the songs in Dark Side of the Moon, but in the laser light style, that’d be pretty amazing. You’d have to stick with some pretty simple images, but the background could be very abstract and colorful.

I’m very much liking the sound of this actually, I think the piggie bank one would look pretty sweet. Thank you very much for the links, I had heard of the laser shows but I’ve never seen one before unfortunately, so thank you for the links 🙂
-Jake

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.