Delboy
@

Hi, I’m Steve new here.

I want to get this tattoo
http://tattoolettering.net/font_image.php?string=The%20brave%20may%20not%20live%20forever%2C%20but%20the%20cautious%20do%20not%20live%20at%20all%20&text_color=000000&size=40&font=Script%20Calligraphy%202.TTF

on my forearm.

But I am going on holiday on the 30th of June, now say I get it booked for next weekend would that give it enough time to heal before I go away and am out in the sun and pool etc.

anjayenunciates
Participant
@anjayenunciates
Delboy;68533 wrote:
Hi, I’m Steve new here.

I want to get this tattoo
http://tattoolettering.net/font_image.php?string=The%20brave%20may%20not%20live%20forever%2C%20but%20the%20cautious%20do%20not%20live%20at%20all%20&text_color=000000&size=40&font=Script%20Calligraphy%202.TTF

on my forearm.

But I am going on holiday on the 30th of June, now say I get it booked for next weekend would that give it enough time to heal before I go away and am out in the sun and pool etc.

After getting a new tattoo, the inked skin should not be in direct sunlight for two weeks, unless you want it to fade. Also, after getting a new tattoo, you shouldn’t swim in a pool, lake, or the ocean for two weeks. This is because 1) swimming in any large body of water might lead to infection and 2) soaking any newly tattooed area will soften the scabs on your tattoo to the point that they scratch or dissolve off, this causes your tattoo FOREVER to heal.

Tattoos, in general, take at least a month to heal, and, sometimes, many more months to heal. All three of mine have taken two and a half months to completely heal. So, no, your arm will be NOWHERE CLOSE TO HEALED after a week.

Don’t get a tattoo until after your vacation. You’d be incredibly stupid if you did.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
anjayenunciates;68562 wrote:
Don’t get a tattoo until after your vacation. You’d be incredibly stupid if you did.

Yeah! also, don’t eat yellow snow, don’t take advice from a one legged man named lucky and above all else don’t cross the streams because you’d be incredibly stupid if you did.

Wait till you get back. Who wants to hold back from vacation activities while tending to a healing tat? NO ONE!

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Just to point out, he didn’t say it would have a week healing. If he gets it done on Weds then leaves on the 30th June that’s about three weeks….

So it’s a little more feasible. I mean, I don’t know it’s a good idea to have it in the bright sun and be swimming loads, i intend to wait quite a while with mine, but it’ll have probably stopped scabbing and be a bit safer than it was?

anjayenunciates
Participant
@anjayenunciates
Poesy;68600 wrote:
Just to point out, he didn’t say it would have a week healing. If he gets it done on Weds then leaves on the 30th June that’s about three weeks….

So it’s a little more feasible. I mean, I don’t know it’s a good idea to have it in the bright sun and be swimming loads, i intend to wait quite a while with mine, but it’ll have probably stopped scabbing and be a bit safer than it was?

I guess I read his post a little too hastily. I mean…yeah, it will be a bit safer to do all of that three weeks after getting the tattoo. But, isn’t that around the time when the majority of peeling occurs? I’d think the tattooed area after three weeks would be so easily sunburned that it would be like putting his arm under a magnifying glass in the sun?

It just doesn’t seem like a good idea to me. I am somewhat bias though…I just had a tattoo on my foot drastically re-worked (the original artist blew it out, bastard) last week. I’m having to stay out of the sun and the pool in this 90 degree Dallas heat for two weeks or more (plus the two months I steered clear of the sun and pool when the original tattoo was healing) since I know it is going to take forever to heal. In the end that’s okay though; I don’t want to have to get that tattoo touched up or re-worked again after all of the drama I’ve been through to make it look right.

amanaman11
Participant
@amanaman11

i like that expression…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.