junah
Participant
@junah

Hi everybody,
I am junah and a new member of the forum. Just signed up because I have a question about a little problem. I have a lot of tattoos, two full sleeves and full torso. The problem is a tribal on my upper left arm. The tribal was my second tattoo and was done in 1999. It is quiet big, almost over the whole upper arm. It’s all black and the colour is still very bright. The problem is that this particular tattoo raises up from time to time and itches. As far as I remember it has been doing this since I can remember, only from time to time and not too long. Never payed much attention when it happend and it always went away after 1-2-3 days. Now this time it raised again, starting last week on Thursdays and is still raised and itching. None of the other tatts do that. Might be that all the rest is much lighter and mostly shades. All is done by the same guy. I guess it is some kind of reaction. Maybe to the weather (spring is comming up) or maybe to something else in my body. The thing what made me start thinking is that this time I have the condition longer than ever before. Has been 6.5 days now. It is kind of a pain in the a.., and I was wondering idf someone has any suggestions/experiences of how to treat this thing. I am starting to worry that this will be permanent, but on the other hand I know I had this many times and it always went away.
Would be awsome if I could get some feedback on this.
Thanks everyone
Junah

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Junah

You sometimes find that tattoos with heavy pigmentation can flare up as the skin is irritated by inflamed scar tissue beneath the skin.

It can also become raised in exposure to heat especially showers, baths, steam rooms, also when you sweat. I tend to find I get prickly feel and raised which tends to go down quite fast.

There is not a lot you can do about it but I have tried the following that helps.

Ice pack the area or wet a tea towel and freeze in your freezer then wrap or lay over the arm and keep on as long as possible.

Green Tea – helps flush toxins from the body i recommend it being iced (swig it down quicker) as hot is pretty foul tasting.

Anti-inflammatories such as ibruprofen (health allowing) a few days of a light course will often help bring the swelling down.

Also try some Vit E cream on the skin.

Pigment reaction is sadly a pain in the arse because your body is trying to flush a foreign body (the ink) from the skin.

Take Care
Matthew

Vynidual
Participant
@vynidual

If you go with the green tea method, get like bottled lipton green tea since its a huge bottle and extremely cheap. And its lemon :O

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I know the feeling dude, the one on my chest raises a bit and itches when I’ve been at footy training. Strangely enough, that’s the one one that does it though. It never lasts more than 5 minutes after I’ve stopped training though.

junah
Participant
@junah

Guys, thanks for the answers and suggestions, appreciate it. Today I have noticed that it finally goes down. After over a week. Finally. Will wait another couple of hours to see how it goes and if it doesn’t go down completely today I will try some of Matthews suggestions. However I am glad that it went down and i can see some improvement. Thought I was turning into a freak show and this wouldn’t go away anymore. Will post an update on this.
Thanks again
Junah

P.S. I am going to Miami next month for a week and would like to get some new ink down there. Any suggestions where to go to?

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

Hmm idk…I only got 1 so far and it was raised and itchy…until it healed fully about 4 weeks after I got it i think. It’s now almost 2 years later and it hasnt done that since so I don’t really think it’s supposed to do that after it fully heals…could be a allergic reaction or something with the weather? You might want to ask a doctor..I wouldnt be concerned/worried about it though.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

how many of you went to med school? if it lasts more than a day it’s more than likely you have HIV

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

O_O I knew it didnt sound normal but HIV is serious…Junah I would definetly see a doctor. Hopefully it’s nothing serious though. In fact most tatoo artists only use each needle once for each customer so as not to spread hiv and stuff like that. However ones less professional may not (not ones you want to get tattooed by of course) and also if you notice they shop or place dirty you may want to leave…so if the tattooist reused the needle on you after using it on someone else or has a dirty workplace i’d say that’s a possiblity but I doubt that was the case. Hopefully not.

junah
Participant
@junah
Gsouder;66386 wrote:
how many of you went to med school? if it lasts more than a day it’s more than likely you have HIV

You must be either completely retarded or completely stupid to post something like this!!!!!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
junah;66465 wrote:
You must be either completely retarded or completely stupid to post something like this!!!!!

You must be completely devoid of sense of humor to post something like this.

By the way, is partially stupid or partially retarded a thing? is that like having that one really dumb leg or down syndrome of the left breast? I’m sure in med school they went over this but if you have a lecture ready I would love to hear it.

PS Since I know you have retardation of the funny bone, let me add that the second part of my post, starting with “by the way” and ending with “would love to hear it” are a kind of joke/poke back at you and should be taken with a sense of humor.

junah
Participant
@junah
Gsouder;66474 wrote:
You must be completely devoid of sense of humor to post something like this.

By the way, is partially stupid or partially retarded a thing? is that like having that one really dumb leg or down syndrome of the left breast? I’m sure in med school they went over this but if you have a lecture ready I would love to hear it.

PS Since I know you have retardation of the funny bone, let me add that the second part of my post, starting with “by the way” and ending with “would love to hear it” are a kind of joke/poke back at you and should be taken with a sense of humor.

I can confirm, you are retarded!

amanaman11
Participant
@amanaman11

the black in the upper arm of my tat raises and ithches when i get stressed… i could care less thought since its only for minutes so no biggie

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.