Leemo
Participant
@leemo

Ok so I have no idea what so ever about tattoo pricing, and you all seem pretty knowledgable. I just wondered how much it would cost roughly for this:
oh4bnq.jpg

in the same place that Chris Garver has:
Chris-Garver-miami-ink-230710_395_395.jpg

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

It would take around 3-4 hours so (at that size may vary it is all guestimate) average prices are between £65-£75 per hour.

You would see change out of £400.

Personally I always go for the high end of an estimate with people so that you are not tempted to compromise on your design – it may cost £280-£350 or so.

However if you have £400 in your pocket you have enough to know that you can get what you want and maybe add to it.

Never skimp on ink it is on for life and costs a hell of a lot more to fix, cover-up or remove.

Take Care
Matthew

Leemo
Participant
@leemo

Thanks for the help man, I was also wondering what in your opinion would be better. I want the tattoo to emphasise the word Rev in it, thats why ive capitalised it, but what do you would be better? Capitalising it, or colouring it and leaving the rest black?

Demure
Participant
@demure

I think it would look better in a different color rather than caps.

MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531
Sherav;64424 wrote:
It would take around 3-4 hours so (at that size may vary it is all guestimate) average prices are between £65-£75 per hour.

You would see change out of £400.

Personally I always go for the high end of an estimate with people so that you are not tempted to compromise on your design – it may cost £280-£350 or so.

However if you have £400 in your pocket you have enough to know that you can get what you want and maybe add to it.

Never skimp on ink it is on for life and costs a hell of a lot more to fix, cover-up or remove.

Take Care
Matthew

Wow, why exactly would that take 3-4 hours? I am just curious, both of my back pieces have taken 4 hours or less, each, and they are a LOT more involved than that. Is it just that its a lot harder to work on that chest/ stomach area and it would just take anyone longer? Or is it i just have an insanely fast artist?

Demure
Participant
@demure
MrSultan531;64535 wrote:
Wow, why exactly would that take 3-4 hours? I am just curious, both of my back pieces have taken 4 hours or less, each, and they are a LOT more involved than that. Is it just that its a lot harder to work on that chest/ stomach area and it would just take anyone longer? Or is it i just have an insanely fast artist?

Believe it or not, geometric shapes have to be more accurate than even a fairly large piece like yours or mine. There is more room for error on ours. The line work of lettering or shapes that have a particular angle can be very challenging. There’s greater expectation for how a letter or shape -should- look.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.