Kardinal
Participant
@kardinal

I had an idea of a vine that ran along my body with simple symbols of things that I feel have defined me over the years sprouting off it. The vine also appeals to me since I figured I could add new symbols to it as they became important to me.

I’ve been working on some designs for the symbols but honestly don’t know how good or effective they’d be as tattoos and hope I can get some advice here.

I’m not sure I can actually afford the whole vine (I plan to get this done while I’m on vacation in the states) so I’m also thinking about getting the symbols alone on parts of my body I haven’t decided on yet. 🙂

I’d like to get one of the following, but haven’t decided which yet:
Bodhi.png
Lotus145.png Lotusloops160.png
Lotusandbodhi.png LotusloopsandBodhi.png

I’ve been told the silhouette’s too detailed, but really like it and hope an artist could make it work somehow.

Kardinal
Participant
@kardinal

Two more:
SacredChao2colour200.png

Kanarchy200.png

I’d also appreciate suggestions on where these designs might sit best and any info about people who’ve done something similar to the vine.

Cheers!

Mmildf
Participant
@mmildf

Hi

I think one main problem with the tree might be that as time goes on the top will become a big blob of black. I’m not an expert on the body but seems like alot of black in a small area.

Otherwise I really like the design and would look nice on the back of the neck, calf, ribs right under your armpit or middle of shoulders on your back.

Cheers
Marcus

Kardinal
Participant
@kardinal

Thanks man. I hadn’t thought about how it might change with age. I do like the design, so I’ll show it to the artist and see what they can do to it.

I hadn’t considered my calf as a place to put it at all. I had been thinking ribs but the back’s sort of appealing to me now.

Thanks for the help, Marcus.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I say start it at your ankle and work your way up. That way the possibilities are endless. It could wind around your leg and up to your torso. Over the years, it could be an amazing piece

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.