Pearldevine
Participant
@pearldevine

Hi guys,

I’m new here and I need some advice!

Firstly I need to let you know that I already have 6 tattoos and numerous piercings so I am no stranger to pain. However yesterday I had part of the outline done on a cover up chest piece and I have never felt pain like it!!

I can pretty much stand any pain but this was unreal and now I am seriously bruised, really good look I think, bruised boobs haha. Anyway I’m yet to have the most painful part
of the outline done yet in the centre top of my chest and then a massive amour of shading. I actually don’t think i can do it!

Just wondered if anyone has any tips or hints for me just to reduce the pain? I’ve read about creams like mr numb but me mate recons they r all rubbish… Any ideas?

Lydia-pearl devine xx

CruisingComet
Participant
@cruisingcomet

I know in my area some artists offer numbing as an extra so speak to your artist first

From what ive heard of dr numb i wouldnt bother, but you can buy emla cream and ametop gel over the counter here in the uk – not sure about other countrys?

Other than this I’m not really sure what to suggest, sorry ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Pearldevine
Participant
@pearldevine

Cheers I’ll have a look. I know my tattooist used numbing cream on another tattooist that works at the shop when he had his chest piece just thought she would have suggested it for next time after the amount of pain I was in.

Is it not elma that only lasts 45 mins? Then apparently after it hurts
double?

Cheers for your help though! Every bit helps n that. I am a firm believer in no pain no gain but, jeez, I was seeing double it was that bad

xx

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Pain is all apart of the experience!
It’ll only hurt for a little, and look beautiful FOR LIFE.

I have my chest done, and I didn’t find it as extreme as you’re claiming it to be and it was only my 2nd tattoo. It hurt, but not crazy bad.

But I guess each person deals with it differently.

Pearldevine
Participant
@pearldevine

I’m not claiming anything, it is all fact. If you could see how
black and blue I am it would make sense.

I also know the pain is all part of it, this is my 7th so im aware of that already haha

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77
Pearldevine;54491 wrote:
I’m not claiming anything, it is all fact. If you could see how
black and blue I am it would make sense.

I also know the pain is all part of it, this is my 7th so im aware of that already haha

Black and blue from a tattoo?
Never had that happen….guess people get inked differently.

Pearldevine
Participant
@pearldevine

Yea well like you say everyone is different this is the first one of mine to bruise but you try havin you boobs tattooed, hurts the least that part than near my shoulders but it’s the most fragile skin. My friends always bruise, all depends on location etc.

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83
Pearldevine;54499 wrote:
Yea well like you say everyone is different this is the first one of mine to bruise but you try havin you boobs tattooed, hurts the least that part than near my shoulders but it’s the most fragile skin. My friends always bruise, all depends on location etc.

Ow! I think you mentioned this was a coverup. Did it bruise the first time you got it done? Did you change the tattoo artist/studio?

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i have recently had a huge butterfly done on my chest/shoulder ( its actually more shoulder )
and it didnt hurt too much while i was getting it done but it bruised and healed like a bastardo !!!
every time i moved my arm it seems to open up the scab , which was not thick but took longer to heal :rolleyes:

jgensur
Participant
@jgensur

Hi, im nowhere new to the tattoo world with having 33 of them so far. I have them all across the front of my torso and while it did hurt pretty decently on the middle of my chest and right on the breastbone, i didnt think it was the worst or all that bad. i think on my lower sides and on the kidneys were the worst. as far as the bruising goes i have had a few do that slightly and also keep opening up as i moved around although the bruising was never really that bad. i usually find this happens when my artist gets a little bit of a heavy hand. also if your potassium level is low it can cause ya to bruise easier. try talking to your artist about it and see if they can lighten up a tad

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

My chest didn’t hurt that much, definitely bearable. Maybe your artist was being a bit heavy?

Pearldevine
Participant
@pearldevine
Asenath83;54503 wrote:
Ow! I think you mentioned this was a coverup. Did it bruise the first time you got it done? Did you change the tattoo artist/studio?

It is a cover up which didn’t really hurt as much or bruise the first time round but that is
more near my shoulder and this is much bigger and goes way further down…This pic will
explain it better than I ever can haha
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1315864&l=04ca073627&id=283500291
I have changed studio as I have now moved 200 miles away ๐Ÿ™

As far as potassium goes… I am a vegetarian and have been for 13 years, maybe this is a factor?

I def think she is heavy handed! She tattooed the shop owners chest and he said she was so obv will be down to that. I know it’s my body and I’m dealin with the pain but I don’t wanna seem a cunt haha. Hence why I was lookin at other options etc

x

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i just think its a tender area to have a large piece done in one sitting ?
wouldnt worry about it that much unless the bruising doesnt go within a week .

quite a brave piece really , i love chest tattoos but i cant see me getting one ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
Quote:
i love chest tattoos but i cant see me getting one

Chicken!!!:p

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

my mum would be very disapointed with me , plus i have a job which it would need hiding from :rolleyes:

will have to post up a pic of the one i have on my chest/shoulder ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.