BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Making a short diary of my healing progress – might help some new people sleep at night.

Went back to Invictus tattoo in Oslo, mach 13th.
Had two tattoos done this time, but the other one is hell to take pictures of on my own. So I will only focus
on my nosferatu tattoo.

After we were done, he applied vaseline on it, and wrapped it in with plastic with some compression (the black thing you’ll see on the picture in the end).
I was to keep this on over the night. I’ve done this earlier, and it works like a charm.

The morning after, the wrapping is filled with hot moist shit. So time to take a shower.
Here I used baby soap / green soap that I bought on the pharmacy. After the shower, I carefully
put a towel on the tattoo for 10 seconds or so.

Then I let it air dry for 30min to 1 hour before applying something to ut. If you apply something straight away, it won’t breathe
and then you are fucked.
Also, you only need to wash it when you shower (one time a day).

Now it’s time to apply ointment.

I’ve used aquaphor from Eucerin for a couple of years now, and it’s the best ointment so far.
It supports the healing progress, and also it keeps down the itching.

After I’ve let the tattoo air dry for one hour (first time, I wait this long) I apply some aquaphor.
One thin layer is all you need.

So the important thing;
What I’ve experienced by trial and fail – you only need to add this ONE TIME A DAY.
The tattoo are supposed to dry, it’s a part of the healing progress.

I must admit I’ve fallen for the temptation to add more ointment since it “was so dry”, and that will only
make the healing worse. Because even thou it’s quite dry on top, under the skin it got what it needs.
If you add more ointment the same day, it will start to excess shit out from it, and healing will take longer…
also it hurts.

Summary;
– Let it air dry after shower (do not use blowdryer)
– Add ointment (pref. aquaphor) only one time a day.
– Wash it when you shower. One time a day.
– It will look dry as shit
– It will scab
– It will itch

But if you’ve applied the correct amount of ointment, and wash it
one time a day – you’re set.

The studio
2015-03-13%2016.12.57_zpsxbmbxokf.jpg

Fresh tattoo
2015-03-13%2021.38.18_zpsnacmnwqa.jpg

Wrapping. Left it on over the night.
2015-03-14%2009.52.43_zpsqdkomwgg.jpg

After a couple of days, it starts to look scary. But it’s all normal.
2015-03-16%2020.26.24_zps4bpr3d9l.jpg

Today, 8 days later. You can see that the left eye has lost most of the scabbing / dead skin. The right eye still got
all of it’s dead skin on it. Wrinkled skin is also a part of the abuse.
2015-03-21%2015.13.44_zpscyaybqog.jpg

The holy grail. Didn’t sell it here in Norway before.
AQP-45231-1.jpg

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

13 days later, and this is how it looks. Dead skin all over, but it’s all part of the progress.
All scabs are gone.

I would upload more progressphotos, but this forum is crashing.

2015-03-26%2014.06.58_zpsz6bsnhrp.jpg

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

All well and good, but when I use Aquaphor I get tiny white pimples all over my tattoo.

I’ve been using Palmer’s Cocoa butter formula with good results.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

25 days later and this is the result so far.

No scabbing, clean fresh skin. Still a bit shiny, but will go away when the hairs get back.
I’m using ointment three times a week now.. but it’s really not that important anymore.

2015-04-072000.56.19_zps4sdf8lmo.jpg

PaulRead
Participant
@paulread

thanks for your tips. It is really very important to give some attention on the tattoo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.