Justswim208
    Participant
    @justswim208

This is my first tattoo and I’ve read a ton of stuff on the healing process and everything. I take very good care of it. Just wondering what is going on and when will it begin to look “normal”. I have it on my lower leg right over my Achilles and low calf. It’s stayed raised since day 1, but not really itchy or irritated. I did get in the pool right after 2 weeks bc I’m a swim instructor and I have to. I can and do stay out of the water a few days of the week. I’ve been in the water about 1-1.5hrs maybe 3 times a week. I rinse off with water when I get out to teach on the side of the pool and then use dechlorinating body wash and right after work. I’ve been using Aquaphor up until today I decided to use aveeno non scented lotion. I figured Aquaphor was too much. I’ve read to keep putting lotion on it to keep it from getting dry and then I read to not suffocate it, kind of confused as to what to do esp since I do have dry skin from the pool. Just curious as to why it’s still raised and if I should be concerned. Also noticed that towards the bottom of the tat it looks like it’s fading? Is this normal too?
    2r53mtw.jpg

Karviniya
    Participant
    @karviniya

This poor healing. It would be better if you make a tattoo when you do not have to work in such conditions. For example, wait to leave.

Justswim208
    Participant
    @justswim208

So what do you suggest I do in terms of aftercare? It probably doesn’t help I also have sensitive skin.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

You need to keep it dry go get some Tegaderm or similar product. Your tattoo is a wound and must be protected fro those harsh chemicals in the pool.

Justswim208
    Participant
    @justswim208

@buttwheat 143019 wrote:

You need to keep it dry go get some Tegaderm or similar product. Your tattoo is a wound and must be protected fro those harsh chemicals in the pool.

I actually did use tegaderm for the first few days I got in. Do u think I should keep using lotion or dry it out? I’ve read a ton of diff things. Thanks in advance.

Karviniya
    Participant
    @karviniya

in general it would be good to take a holiday until your tattoo has healed. Because such a bad and a long healing process. And smear cream that indicated above, without lotion. Wait for healing and when you can wait for another vacation – adjust tattoo and normally heal. Not like the first time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.