EmH
Participant
@emh

Hey guys
I just got my first tattoo yesterday, and I’m just wondering about a few things that I haven’t been able to really find answers for (maybe I just fail at looking idk).
So the area around my tattoo is redish and the tattoo itself is raised a tad, from what I’ve read that’s normal, but I was wondering when the redness will go down?
The other thing is it is looking a little, I supposed the easiest way to describe it would be milky? It’s only really visible if I look quite closely so is it just the dead skin on top of the ink or something else?
Lastly when I washed it this morning I had some ink washing off, does this happen for just the first few days or will it take a while?

Thanks

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

The redness varies from different locations on your body. It may go away quickly or it may take several days to a week.
What are you putting on it? Ointments and lotions should be applied using a very little amount.
It’s normal to lose some ink. When I got tattoos and the artist used A&D ointment the ink would just run out when I would shower. Since he uses Redemption (cocoa butter based, not petroleum) I lose very little ink.
Main thing is not to worry. Tattoos can take three months to heal.

Send us a picture.

EmH
Participant
@emh

10371655_680006885398835_3307674442779433685_n.jpg

Somehow managed to get an closeup photo in focus with my tablet.
It’s on my wrist. I use bepanthen, it’s what the artist recommended and what my aunt used on her tattoos. I think I might be using a little bit too much, I have some on in the picture. I tried to get a photo to show how it’s raised but the camera wouldn’t focus.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

@EmH 140202 wrote:

I think I might be using a little bit too much, I tried to get a photo to show how it’s raised but the camera wouldn’t focus.

Yes you are and it looks plenty raised up. The drier the better in my book. After washing your tattoo wait at least a half an hour before putting a very light coat of shit on it.
Looks pretty well done for what it is.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Looks like too much ointment. It’ll be fine though.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Bep is great 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.