jvegas
Participant
@jvegas

Hey, new to the forum ladies and gents

So I got a new piece done 3 weeks ago exactly and everythings healed well except for certain parts where red/brown was used. It’s currently pink and inflamed. I’ve had several other works done with red and never had a reaction. Nothing was done differently for the healing of this tattoo.

Question is should I wait it out, or go see a dermatologist? My guy who did the tattoo is in San Diego and I’m in Los Angeles so he hasnt been able to see it.

advice?

photo2.jpg

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I honestly can’t see anything w/ that pic, but if the skin is inflamed, you might want to consider visiting the doc. You could try some Benadryl tabs in the meantime to see if that help. It won’t hurt anyway.

jvegas
Participant
@jvegas

the portion where brown/red ink was used to fill in the shark is pink and raised above the skin. doesn’t sting but its sensitive. i’ll have to make an appt for a dermatologist i ssupse

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Was it painful during healing? did it ooze plasma?

jvegas
Participant
@jvegas

it oozed the second day I had the tattoo…thats about it. nothing was out of the ordinary. i went to palm springs a week and half after i got it. stayed under the umbrellas didnt hit the pool. it became red around last sunday/monday on the way back. that was last week. i work in a mall so i don’t go outside except for the mornings and leave its usually afternoon and night.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Is this your first tattoo? Or first with color?
Red tattoo pigment is the most common color to instigate an allergic reaction.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I say enjoy your pink shark

jvegas
Participant
@jvegas

No this is my 5th piece. I have red used on 2 other tattoos.

He used a red/brown for my shark. That’s what inflamed, red and almost looks like. Callousy Sunburn

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.