Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

So I’ve had both of my new tattoos about 3 weeks now. They’re still healing of course, the skin being a little rough to the touch and everything but other than that have healed very well. I just had a quick question on when it would be safe to use sunscreen? I should be good to go now right? I use an SPF50 on all my tats so i’m all prepared with the sunscreen and stuff but I was just curious if it’s alright to be using sunscreen on my newer ones now? It’s been cold lately so needless to say they’ve been covered under my hoodie and pants and everything (one is on my upper left arm, one is on my left calf) but with it warming up this week I don’t wanna have to sweat like crazy just to keep them protected from the sun. Thanks in advance!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Everyone heals different, but 3 weeks is still a little too early. I would wait 6 weeks before using sunscreen.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Wait are you going to the beach and tanning or just walking out and about?

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Well, i’m not much of a tanner and since I live in a land locked state no beach near by either 😛

So yea, it would just be walking out and about. Hanging out in the nice weather and stuff like that but that would be it.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

just protect your investment and wear long sleeves for a couple weeks.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

I have been. It’s been cold and windy here and its finally warmed up. It’s supposed to be in the upper 60s this week, especially tomorrow being my day off had a few things planned and didn’t exactly want to wear a hoodie when its supposed to be super nice.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

You should consider it. Your tattoo, though it may look healed, is not 100% healed.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

I know that, I have two others but okay

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Then wtf is your question???

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Wow seriously? I asked if 3 weeks was to soon for sunscreen..thats it

Adler
Participant
@adler
Mistress_Of_Pain;108833 wrote:
Wow seriously? I asked if 3 weeks was to soon for sunscreen..thats it

Yes it is…he knows what he’s talking about, 6 weeks is safe.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

ok then that is all i needed to know

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I don’t know what tattoo artists would say, but as a medical professional, I say it’s way too soon. A tattoo is essentially an open wound for the first couple of months, and just like having a mole removed, the sunscreen could cause irritation, triggering infection. I’d place a clean 4×4 gauze over the tattoo (unfold and put another one over it if it’s larger), and take some spares if it gets sweaty. Just my two cents. 🙂

johndeniel
Participant
@johndeniel

Normally, new tattoos have healing problem for a long time. So you should not to worry. Sun will fade the ink of your tattoos so you can use of sunscreen.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Uhmm what? I know the sun fades tattoos hence me asking when it would be right to use sunscreen. They are both 7 weeks old now but i’ve been using sunscreen for the last few weeks anyway.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.