BEEMDUB
Participant
@beemdub

I got tatted last tuesday and had the tribal on my shoulder added onto and “strength” in arabic on my chest area…For the tribal part almost 90% of the scabs fell off already…but for the arabic part there is still the majority of the scabbing left and it looks thick with like cracks and creases in it and kinda hurts when I move my arm and that area stretches….Its very slightly red underneath in one part …I normally take one or two showers a day and hand wash my tattoo with some bar soap in my hand…I put lotion on about 4 times a day but I’ve been wondering if I should stop putting it on the arabic part?

921e07a9.jpg

7fb03374.jpg

KatieScarlett
Participant
@katiescarlett

it looks like maybe he dug you up a bit…. i would use dial rather than bar soap and maybe aquaphor instead of lotion. it will heal – it will just take longer. but in order to prevent scarring just really try to not irritate it and let the scabs fall off on their own.

BEEMDUB
Participant
@beemdub
KatieScarlett;107755 wrote:
it looks like maybe he dug you up a bit…. i would use dial rather than bar soap and maybe aquaphor instead of lotion. it will heal – it will just take longer. but in order to prevent scarring just really try to not irritate it and let the scabs fall off on their own.

ok well good to hear it doesnt look too bad…what does “dug you up a bit” mean ha?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

At this point do not use aquaphor, but i agree that u should have been using some antibacterial soap from the beginning. Imo i would just wash it 2x a day and dont put anything on it and let the scabs dry off and fall on its own. Do not pick at the scabs.

BEEMDUB
Participant
@beemdub
yodaddynukka;107759 wrote:
At this point do not use aquaphor, but i agree that u should have been using some antibacterial soap from the beginning. Imo i would just wash it 2x a day and dont put anything on it and let the scabs dry off and fall on its own. Do not pick at the scabs.

alright so I should start washing it with antibacterial soap like in the sink? will just any antibacterial soap work because the pump hand soap in my bathroom says antibacterial on it…

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

I use dial antibacterial bar soap. Also wen she said “dug u up a bit” she was saying that the artist worked that area hard. The area above your armpit is pretty sensitive so it may be just sore. But if it stays red or painful you MAY have an infection.

BEEMDUB
Participant
@beemdub
yodaddynukka;107768 wrote:
I use dial antibacterial bar soap. Also wen she said “dug u up a bit” she was saying that the artist worked that area hard. The area above your armpit is pretty sensitive so it may be just sore. But if it stays red or painful you MAY have an infection.

ohh great I better not have a freakin infection I’ve already taken a week of mma training off for this thing!

I just washed it in the sink heres the soap I used hope its okay

9e487b76.jpg

BEEMDUB
Participant
@beemdub

heres after one day of using antibacterial hand soap
with flash on …..eww : /
3ed32382.jpg

e00cadca.jpg

dffbb1f5.jpg

Adler
Participant
@adler

Anti bacterial soap is obviously beneficial but it’s also very harsh and can cause over drying. For me, after the first day or two I switch to a more gentle, unscented bar soap like ivory or dial, etc. If it’s scabbing thickly then don’t put any ointment or lotion on it since that will just saturate the scabs and make them worse. Let the scabs dry out and fall off naturally. It does not look infected.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.