spain73
Participant
@spain73

Once your tattoo is healed… how to care it further? I mean.. for the rest or your life, daily.
Some people say Nivea, baby oil,Eucerin…. but there are too many opinions about it.

Does anybody know for certain what lotion must be used in the day by day care?
THANX.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Once it’s healed i don’t put anything on it apart from sun block in the summer time. Not sure about anybody else i think buttwheat has mentioned about putting lotion on it daily.

Adler
Participant
@adler

It’s all personal preference, just use a good unscented lotion such as Lubriderm, Curel, etc. I also use 100% pure shea butter which works well for me.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i either use unscented lubiderm or if i feel extra sexy, then 100% organic shea butter.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
Wardy;103825 wrote:
Once it’s healed i don’t put anything on it apart from sun block in the summer time. Not sure about anybody else i think buttwheat has mentioned about putting lotion on it daily.

you should put some lotion on, especially since you are in england where its cold most of the time. unless its humid in england?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Can the cold effect tattoo’s 😮

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

well no, but usually the colder the climate the less relative humidity there is in the air, therefore drying out your skin.

kenkaniff
Participant
@kenkaniff

I’ve used this stuff for a while now love it. http://marlowesaftercare.com/

Worked great on my back tattoo.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Wardy;103825 wrote:
Once it’s healed i don’t put anything on it apart from sun block in the summer time.

^ This.

Lotion isn’t going to do anything to preserve your tattoo; it will simply help keep your skin moisturized so your tattoo looks its best. Many people recommend lotions containing Vitamin E, but the Vitamin E will never reach the dermis and thus does nothing to help preserve your tattoo. If you want a healthy dermis, eat healthy (e.g. foods rich in Vitamins E, C, & A).

burzendowski
Participant
@burzendowski

Curel is my favorite lotion to use 2-3 days after getting my tats i use it daily. It really helps bring out the tattoo when you lotion your skin daily.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
D3FiANC3;103860 wrote:
^ This.

Lotion isn’t going to do anything to preserve your tattoo; it will simply help keep your skin moisturized so your tattoo looks its best. Many people recommend lotions containing Vitamin E, but the Vitamin E will never reach the dermis and thus does nothing to help preserve your tattoo. If you want a healthy dermis, eat healthy (e.g. foods rich in Vitamins E, C, & A).

but keeping your skin healthy so your tattoo looks its best is a part of the process to preserving your tattoo. but i agree, eating healthy and having general good health is the best way to keep your tattoo at its best, along with sunscreen when you are going to be in the sun for long periods.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

If having a healthy diet and to lotion your skin everyday after your healed is what to do. Ill just say now im fucked.

bluey
Participant
@bluey
Wardy;103825 wrote:

Hey Wardy what is this about sunblock? I thought you said you lived in sunblock err England! Come down to Oz and we will show you Sun 40 today (and that’s Celcius), forget the sun block, in doors with the Air Conditioner.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Haha your right England is shit weather 99% of the time. But we usually get a week’s worth of really hot sun in the summer time 🙂

REmoKeiTH
Participant
@remokeith

I just wanted to say that it will simply help keep your skin moisturized so your tattoo looks its best. Many people recommend lotions containing Vitamin E, but the Vitamin E will never reach the dermis and thus does nothing to help preserve your tattoo that’s it..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.