anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
dragonfly;101182 wrote:
ah okay, that makes sense and does make me feel better. This is my first colour tattoo so sorry for the novice remarks/questions!

I am looking at it now and there is a bit that has not faired well, it is just between my boobs and its clear that the scab has gone soggy and half peeled off, leaving no ink beneath it. I havent picked it or anything… I think its just the placement of it and the fact that the clingfilm was on for a bit too long.

Will a tattoo shop touch it up for me? There is a really good one round here

Oh such a shame ๐Ÿ™ Right on the breastbone too, hurt like buggery to do there.

When you mentioned the scabs were soggy, I figured you might have some ink loss. Don’t worry about it too much. Your original artist will likely touch it up for free, but if you’d prefer not to go back for some reason, you can ask another artist to do it. Wait until it’s done healing and then see what needs to be done.

dragonfly
Participant
@dragonfly

If only it were that easy! shes moving to Ireland at the end of November…

dragonfly
Participant
@dragonfly

I think your right, i think i will need to get another artist locally to touch it up for me, it shouldnt be too hard to match the colours?

InkManHugh
Participant
@inkmanhugh

I am surprised at the instructions given to the original poster.

Recently when I get tattooed I am wrapped in clingfilm which I take off when I get home. Then, whenever I am not sleeping or whenever possible, I shower the area with the hottest water possible, pat dry with a clean towel, apply loads of a good skin cream (I use Palmers’ Cocoa Lotion) then apply new clingfilm. I continue to do this for three or four days.

I find this removes any scabbing or flaking and it seems to kill any itching.

As an insulin dependant diabetic I need to be careful, although strangely I seem to heal very quickly and find this method works best. Each to their own though.

Shuggy

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I don’t put anything on my tattoo’s when im sleeping?

dragonfly
Participant
@dragonfly

hmmm well the worst bit seems to have totally peeled (and the scab was very much moist) and has left a perfect tattoo beneath it. Now i am sort of regretting not leaving the clingfilm on longer. But it was affecting my skin massively so i suppose i just have to hope that it has done the job in the time its been on

I dont think my skin would have appreciated being wrapped in plastic any further, its not good with plastic at the best of times.

I have basically been applying a THIN layer of very natural moisturizer 3 times a day, patting any excess off and trying my hardest not to disturb the scabs…

heres to hoping, it will all be okay x

Adler
Participant
@adler

Do you have any pictures you’d like to share?

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Yeah, plastic wrap is bad. Its a wound, and you want a wound to breath so it can heal. The moisturizer is great for the itchy/flaking stage. Makes it weasier to cope with. Mine itches and flakes forever, so I usually have to put a morning and evening layer on. Very thin, though. No gooping.

If you have anyh issues after it heals 6-8 weeks, have your artist touch it up. Its almost expected that it will need a hit here or there.

Post some pics when you can so we can see what it looks like!

dragonfly
Participant
@dragonfly

Hi all ๐Ÿ™‚

Quick update;

Tattoo has healed beautifully, nearly all the scabs have fallen off now, i went to bed last night with a very itchy, flaky tattoo and woke up this morning with a RIDICULOUSLY itchy tattoo, it was almost unbearable

So i gave it a gentle wash with some soap, lathering up the soap and very gently giving it a wash, loads of the dried skin came off (felt so good) and then i moisturized it, just patting off any excess moisturizer with a towel

I washed it again at about midday and replaced the moisturizer, now it has a few scabs on but is basically healed totally. No loss of ink anywhere, the colours are vibrant again due to the dead skin coming off and it just looks fantastic. I will take a photo (or rather get my husband to) when he and I are around each other again! He works very long hours in the week and i had a gig tonight so went out with my guitar nearly as soon as he walked through the door!

So I will post pictures on Saturday i imagine but it really is looking fantastic, got a lot of good feedback about it tonight so i am pleased ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the advice guys, you were so good to have here to speak to when i was worried about it. I have very soft skin so i think i am easy to ink (thats what the artist said anyway)

thank you so much x

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Good to know, let us know how it turns out !

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.