Peachtwist
Participant
@peachtwist

Oh won’t they? Awesome. I’m really hoping I can avoid the scabbing then. I don’t recall my very first horrible one scabbing so maybe I’ll get lucky. I can’t really reach the area anyway so I won’t be able to do any picking or peeling, at the moment I’m having other people wash it and moisturise it lol.

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it. I feel a lot more relaxed and confident now, lol.

Peachtwist
Participant
@peachtwist

Apologies for being a pain…

I did what everyone here said and left it uncovered, I wore the softest clothing I’m allowed to wear for college and it would seem the tattoo has started peeling. I haven’t pulled any skin off or picked at it etc but my concern is that some of the skin has pulled off a little bit onto the clothes. The biggest problem is it seems to have some colour on it. Should I assume I’ve basically managed to fcuk myself over and it’s going to need touched up? If so, I’m seriously annoyed. Any help or advice would be great. Again I apologise for being so paranoid and annoying. Thanks.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

what we are trying to do healing a tattoo is we are trying to dry it out as quickly as humanly possible without scabbing,

any excess ointment (of any kind) is going to smother the piece and lock in moisture, moisture is the pieces worst enemy, moisture, bacteria and other blood contaiminates (plasm jell) will destroy tattoo work snd allow scabbing and destroy a piece.

I want to peel the 4th day at the latest

techinically you should never scab……………color may fall off for a couple days, on sheets or clothes, cant do anything about it, dont worry, if hees good there is plenty of ink packed in there………….but never pick or pull a scab, dry that bastard as quick as you can and let it fall by itself, it will pull the least amount of color that way

alot of people are dry healing a piece now, wrapping first couple hours, then washing with anti bacteria soap many times a day and air drying the piece……………works pretty good to me

I suggest we really need to know how our body heals, mine heals very well, I can take 12 hours of time int he chair, I dry my shit quick, peel on 4th day, peel a cpuple times, and bam, all set

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Yes, Bepanthen is commonly recommended for new ink in Europe.

The active ingredient in Aquaphor is petrolatum, which has been banned in Europe. I forgot about that, but then recalled that there was actually a guy on the forums several months ago who mentioned that. He was also asking if someone in the US would ship him a ton of Aquaphor so he could resell it in Europe. :p

DragonSiren
Participant
@dragonsiren

Since you are in the UK like me, try Bepanthen it works really well on healing tattoos. Trick is to use it sparingly and don’t apply to much of it. You can find it for sale in boots or superdrug, in fact its in most stores, its nappy rash cream but it dose work wonders on healing tattoos.
I have used it myself and all my pieces have healed really nice when using it ^_^

Adler
Participant
@adler

Most people get very nervous or worried after getting their first tattoo, I know i did. And please remember the tattoo goes through stages of healing so it’s really impossible to determine ink loss or need for touch-ups until it’s fully healed. Even if you do need a touch-up, don’t worry about it it’s fairly common. As long as you’ve followed artist aftercare instructions, most will allow for a free touch up if necessary after 4 weeks or so.

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

There is much wisdom in your words, grasshopper…

When its your first, you don’t know what the heck to expect. Is it healing? Is it supposed to flake? Is it supposed to be this itchy? Should I put on this? Should I put on that? How do I get all these women to stop throwing themselves at me now that I have a cool tattoo? :rolleyes:

I had to get mine touched up, but it was cool. Got to back, see my artist, chat over all again. Then you can work on talking about your second!

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

If I’m reading correctly, you’re somewhat concerned that the skin flakes that are coming off are colored? Yeah, they’re going to be. Every bit of skin that comes off a new tattoo has been colored, but there should also be color underneath the flaked area.

Peachtwist
Participant
@peachtwist

Heh, thank you all for your re-assuring responses. I apologise again for worrying so much. I promise my next tattoo I won’t be asking so many questions. 😀

I’ve woken up to it still flaking. It’s itchy as hell and it’s taking all of me to not go to town. Suppose the bright side is I can’t quite reach it all so it’d be more effort than it’s worth.

I have found I can’t wear anything over the tattoo though. It becomes unbearable. Itchy, heavy feeling etc. Been walking around in tank-tops since Saturday when I got it done. Getting some very odd looks considering the weather outside isn’t exactly warm.

Although it’s flaking and I’m not to pull anything off etc, how do I go about washing it without that happening?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Stop worrying flaking is normal a tattoo is like a open wound. Eventually the wound will scab and fall off it’s just the same process but a lot bigger. As for the itching everything that scabs itches all of my tattoos have itched in the healing process the important thing is just to let nature take it’s course and don’t scratch it or pick the scabs.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

If healing goes perfectly it is much like a sunburn. As for the itching if it gets bad just give it a slap it sounds weird but a nice little slap will take care of the itch.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx
buttwheat;101196 wrote:
If healing goes perfectly it is much like a sunburn. As for the itching if it gets bad just give it a slap it sounds weird but a nice little slap will take care of the itch.

Yup…. a good stinging slap takes the itch out of it for at least a few minutes. I slapped my left leg for a few weeks… now I’m slapping the shit out of my right. I’m afraid this might turn into a permanent weird habit if I keep getting inked.

Hmmmm….. on your back, what about a fly swatter or something to slap it with?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
jenerationx;101345 wrote:
yup…. A good stinging slap takes the itch out of it for at least a few minutes. I slapped my left leg for a few weeks… Now i’m slapping the shit out of my right. I’m afraid this might turn into a permanent weird habit if i keep getting inked.

lol 🙂

…….

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.