Adler
Participant
@adler

Anyone familiar with dry warp healing? What are your opinions? I’ve heard good things but I’m skeptical due to the saran wrap causing sweating and trapping the sweat and soaking the tattoo…isn’t that bad? Even overnight it will get soaked but I hear people love it.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

its my go to method. did it on my last 3 of 4 sessions and im not going back to any other method. the last one i did the traditional only because it was such a pain in the ass to dry wrap my full back piece by myself lol. also because i got a free set of h2ocean, i decided to try it (and it worked out really good also, but i still like dry wrap more).

dry wrap heals faster (peeling in 48hrs) and better, imo. the only drawback is washing 4x a day is pretty tedious, but you only need to do that for like 3 days so its not too bad.

Adler
Participant
@adler
yodaddynukka;97971 wrote:
its my go to method. did it on my last 3 of 4 sessions and im not going back to any other method. the last one i did the traditional only because it was such a pain in the ass to dry wrap my full back piece by myself lol. also because i got a free set of h2ocean, i decided to try it (and it worked out really good also, but i still like dry wrap more).

dry wrap heals faster (peeling in 48hrs) and better, imo. the only drawback is washing 4x a day is pretty tedious, but you only need to do that for like 3 days so its not too bad.

So the sweating and trapping all the moisture while it’s wrapped doesn’t do harm? It doesn’t pull ink out or anything?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Not from my experience. I think af uses the same method too. I must say that all my dry wrap has been on b/g work, but jeff esminger swears by this method and he says this is the only method that actually held color.

Im going to be using this method for my session this saturday and i will be having a little color. Do u have an appointment coming up?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Josh Woods of Black 13 in Nashville recommends it as do alot of very talented artists, I have used it and it works great, no scabbing, my main objective is to dry as fast as possible abd peel quick, hopefully within 3 days, 4 tops

http://www.black13tattoo.com/aftercare

Adler
Participant
@adler

That’s my thing, I hear it’s recommended but I cant understand the reasoning. If fresh tattoos are supposed to avoid too much moisture and soaking how can it be beneficial to wrap when it will sweat and soaK? I just got a tattoo, I’m doing mostly a dry heal right now because I’ve been too skeptical to wrap too much.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Adler;97998 wrote:
I just got a tattoo.

So this new tattoo is?????

Adler
Participant
@adler
buttwheat;98000 wrote:
So this new tattoo is?????

I’ll put it up later. I’m reluctant because I heard there’s some real mean people here who like to talk shit about other people’s tattoos and I don’t want my feelings hurt. 😀 Plus, I promised the artist I’d help him clean his garage, I mean shop, today.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I felt the same way, I thought Josh Woods was on dope, no way dry wrap was going to work, he got me to try it, it does…………..why moisturize a wound that I am trying to get to dry out and peel as fast as I can……….if you wash with anti bacterial and dry during the day a few times that shit really dries out

I hadnt tried it till this year, but I used it on the two pieces he did for me totaling about 32 hours of time in the chair and it works

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.