Sue B
@

Hi,

I have a half leg tatt from ankle up. After initial tatt was done I had a re-colour on areas from Lime green to deep blue, about a month after healing seemed complete. All seemed good, but now after 6 months most of those areas still have a thick layer of wrinkled skin on top, which seems to need to come off but just will not come off! I have always religiously moisturised, first with bepanthen then a lighter option, I went back to bepanthen about 3 weeks ago but nothing is making a bit of difference. The areas are all a little raised and rough to touch, it seems like the areas have healed this way. I have even resorted to exfoliating the areas and even trying to pick at the skin which I KNOW is a no -no, but I am just so frustrated and a little worried now that this will not change.

Please help!

Tx, s

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

ThisThreadIsWorthless.jpg

KillianMick
Participant
@killianmick

Well, I guess my obvious query would be, “What did your artist say when you went back to him/her and asked about it?”

Hylland
Participant
@hylland

That sounds like scar tissue to me. Dead skin doesn’t hang around for 6 months. You can try rubbing vitamin E oil into it. It might take several months of rubbing it in every day, but it is supposed to break down scar tissue. I’ve also heard emu oil is even better, but a little harder to find. Try a health food store like Vitamin Cottage. The hardest part is catching and squeezing the emu.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

post a picture how the hell do you expect to get people’s opinion if we can’t see it -.-

Hylland
Participant
@hylland

We all would definetly like to see it.

tricky kid
@

it definatley scar tissue.. this happens when the artist over work the skin.. paw paw ointment will speed the healing process up.. And do yourself a favor and don’t go back to the same artist next time it’s obvious he/she are shit..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.