DanB
Participant
@danb

I’m going in for my first ink on Tuesday at midday. I’m having the relatively small text of ‘livestrong’ around the front of the top of my arm. I have just brought some bepanthem ready for when it’s done. Im going on holiday to austria on Friday so I need some tips quickly on what do for after care, what to look out for etc… Many thanks all x

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Avoid putting it the sun

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Welcome to the forum. Very exciting time for you! As all ready stated, best thing to do is stay out of the sun. Just follow your artist’s instructions and you should be fine! Post pics once it is done! :):):)

DanB
Participant
@danb

Thanks for the sun advice! Do I remove the bandage around 2 hours after the tattoo then wash is down with anti-bac soap and hand then dab dry. 3-4 days of bepanthen? And what’s the pain like? I’m sh**ing it but really excited aswell!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
DanB;93064 wrote:
Thanks for the sun advice! Do I remove the bandage around 2 hours after the tattoo then wash is down with anti-bac soap and hand then dab dry. 3-4 days of bepanthen? And what’s the pain like? I’m sh**ing it but really excited aswell!

The artist will give you specific instructions but you have the general idea.

Pain varies based on the person, the artists, the location, etc. The one on my ankle hurt like a bitch, but I’m pretty sure the artist thought he had to carve the design into my leg. The one of my upper arm was a different story entirely. I didn’t get much sleep the night before and the pain was so minimal that I literally struggled to stay awake throughout the entire 6-7 hours.

DanB
Participant
@danb

Thanks very much dude! Keep posted for a photo which I will post on Tuesday 🙂 bring on the ink!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
DanB;93054 wrote:
I’m having the relatively small text of ‘livestrong’ around the front of the top of my arm.

Meh 456789

Amok
Participant
@amok

Are you sure you won’t regret that text in a few years?

DanB
Participant
@danb

My dad has cancer and I follow this foundation very strongly so I can’t see myself regretting it!

Adler
Participant
@adler
DanB;93096 wrote:
My dad has cancer and I follow this foundation very strongly so I can’t see myself regretting it!

I feel for you as there are cancer survivors in my family. I don’t mean to sound rude but get a livestrong bracelet and get a nicer tattoo. If you want more tattoos in the future you won’t be able to put much else on that part of your arm and that’s prime real estate. I’m not artisticlly creative but I would think you could do so much better than this, or possibly consider a different spot. Regardless, good luck to you and your dad.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.