DJBell
Participant
@djbell

I got a tattoo on the underside of my forearm last night, and when finished a clear protective tape was applied along my whole arm (that’s the length of the tattoo) and was told to not remove for 4-5 days. It’s not saran wrap, but an actual sticky film like you’d put on a cell phone screen for protection. Is this correct? I haven’t read of anyone else using this, and it makes using my arm hard (not that that’s my main concern), along with the fact that from what I am reading online people say tattoos need to breath, and this isn’t breathable period. So if this isn’t correct, how do I remove it? I’m afraid that because this stuff is sticky, if I pull it off at this point, it may ruin the tattoo in some way. Thanks ahead for everyone’s advice!!

D

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I have heard of something like that that is suppose to let your tattoo breath maybe that is what you got. But I cant imagine the leaky gross plasma mess that is in there. I would just yank it off it were me.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach
buttwheat;92825 wrote:
I have heard of something like that that is suppose to let your tattoo breath maybe that is what you got. But I cant imagine the leaky gross plasma mess that is in there. I would just yank it off it were me.

Definitely

CaptJon
Participant
@captjon

Never heard that one. 2 hrs at most for a covering then clean it, moisturize it, and never cover again.

DJBell
Participant
@djbell

So I found out what this thing is called- Tatu Derm. http://www.tatuyou.com/index.html I’m a little happier now that I know what it is, but still not sure about it. Their site says you should remove the first bandage after 12-24 hours, clean, and apply a new one. . . . I’m thinking it’s simply coming off. Thanks for the input peeps!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

yeah i would be very sketch about leaving it on for 4-5 days without being able to wash out all that nasty plasma and ink…

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Fuck my memory sucks, I knew this sounded familiar. I had gotten one of these put on my last tattoo for about 3 hours until the tattoo of the day contest. It was pretty fucking gross the worst part was when her aprentice went to take it off which was a 20 minute process OUCH!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Remove it. Fast.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
WardyInk;92976 wrote:
Remove it. Fast.

Actually… I think he should remove it slowly.. you know, that’s a pretty big band-aid :p

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
buttwheat;92928 wrote:
Fuck my memory sucks, I knew this sounded familiar. I had gotten one of these put on my last tattoo for about 3 hours until the tattoo of the day contest. It was pretty fucking gross the worst part was when her aprentice went to take it off which was a 20 minute process OUCH!

Do u think this hs anything to do with my it healed so poorly?

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

Its a special wrapping used for burn victims tattoo artist generally use it for peoples hands and feet(high infection areas).

Cheers,
Marcus

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
yodaddynukka;93062 wrote:
Do u think this hs anything to do with my it healed so poorly?

Could have I will tell you I will never use anything that I used with that tattoo again.

Hylland
Participant
@hylland

My take on that is:
Body heat = incubator
Blood plasma = bacteria chow
Plastic covering = petri dish
4 or 5 days = plenty of time to grow a huge colony of nastiness.

SLAPSH0T
Participant
@slapsh0t
DJBell;92880 wrote:
So I found out what this thing is called- Tatu Derm. http://www.tatuyou.com/index.html I’m a little happier now that I know what it is, but still not sure about it. Their site says you should remove the first bandage after 12-24 hours, clean, and apply a new one. . . . I’m thinking it’s simply coming off. Thanks for the input peeps!

So what did you end up doing and what were your results? I’m in a very similar situation, except I was told 3 days.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.