volcom0749
Participant
@volcom0749

worried this isnt healing properly, its been 4 days.. it feels extremly tight… used a&d for the frist 2 days… went to luberdirm and i htink that irritated it more.. its getting very red..so tonight i went back to a&d hoping the redness clears up… this picuture doesnt do the justice its much more red.. it seems as tho teh lines arent as straight as they were when i first got it done.. some of the yellow has dried blood in it..and it looks like the black ran into it too… do you think that will go away with the scabbing? anyone think i should start doing a new care process? i dunno if i should switch lotions or what… i have an ice pack on now just to reduce the heat/redness… thanks

397223418.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Everything you have said there is common… it always happens. Takes a while for the surface ink to go away. When it’s healed it will look fine it looks perfectly fine dude.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

I could definitely be wrong, but it almost looks over worked, either your artist pressed too hard or went over the same spots multiple times.. Definitely keep it moist, keep washing it, and when it’s healed call up your artist and take a professional opinion if it still doesn’t look right
Hope that helps any

Zach

Court1208
Participant
@court1208
volcom0749;88628 wrote:
worried this isnt healing properly, its been 4 days.. it feels extremly tight… used a&d for the frist 2 days… went to luberdirm and i htink that irritated it more.. its getting very red..so tonight i went back to a&d hoping the redness clears up… this picuture doesnt do the justice its much more red.. it seems as tho teh lines arent as straight as they were when i first got it done.. some of the yellow has dried blood in it..and it looks like the black ran into it too… do you think that will go away with the scabbing? anyone think i should start doing a new care process? i dunno if i should switch lotions or what… i have an ice pack on now just to reduce the heat/redness… thanks

397223418.jpg

Take some Ibuprofen or any other anti-inflammatory for the swelling/heat/redness. You will find that it helps alot. Make sure u are using a good cleanser(dial liquid soap) before you put on your ointment..and wash it everytime before you re-apply. I wouldn’t recommend doing this more then 3 times a day..also don’t over apply the ointment, your tattoo needs to get air to heal. It takes most people a couple of weeks to fully heal for a big tattoo. I’m sure it will look just fine once its all healed up.

TopTattooPics
Participant
@toptattoopics

I like to use a thin layer of Auqaphor. Hope this helps you. It looks like it is healing nicely though

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

It looks fine. Wait til it’s healed which usually takes 4-6 weeks. I wouldn’t be too worried about it. Tattoos look like shit during the healing process. If it feels tight, put a little moisturizer on it like Lubriderm, you don’t want to keep it too moist. A little dab on your finger tip and gently run it over your tattoo. Keeping it too moist will make the scabbing worse. It’s going to feel tight during the healing process, there’s no way around it.

volcom0749
Participant
@volcom0749

thanks everyone… i feel alot better about it.. its still pretty red.. but im just guna stop stressing and see how it looks in the end.. touch ups are free so thats all that matters lol

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It’s fine. It’s hard to break a tattoo.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.