AniDragon
Participant
@anidragon

I’ve had my tattoo for a little over two weeks, and it seems to be just about healed. It’s still occasionally itchy, but mostly just when I wear a shirt with a tag (it’s on my upper back). Plus, that area tended to be prone to itchiness even before I got the tattoo, so I don’t know if it’s just that that I’m feeling now.

It’s getting a lot sunnier lately, and though I’m not really a sunbather, I do like to go outside when the weather’s nice. But the top of my tattoo pokes up above the collar of most of my shirts. I have a shawl that I’ve been wearing for the past two weeks to cover that little bit, but it looks a bit rediculous.

Basically, I’m just wondering if I should be fine to put sunblock on that one exposed area, or if I need to continue wearing the shawl for a bit.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Usually artists don’t suggest using sunblock until the tattoo is fully healed, after about a month or so.

AniDragon
Participant
@anidragon

So I just checked with my artist, and he said that it’s healed enough that I can put sunblock, but that I should try to avoid staying in the sun for long periods of time, even with sunblock, for about another week (aka the one month mark). So I won’t be going on long walks with my back exposed, but at least I can stop wearing that rediculous shawl. lol.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.