OblivionsEchelon
Participant
@oblivionsechelon

im not where to post this, but can someone tell me if it looks infected?
its 8 days old, and still hurts bad, all the color peeled perfectly, the black is coming off indented.
this means alot to me and ive never had this problem. its on my wrist.
this is just horrible.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o232/lostandlovley12/Photo0041A.jpg

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

How did you take care of it?

I am unsure if it looks infected or not, usually infection is accompanied by a swollen, red area.

This could be the after-mark of an infection though..

OblivionsEchelon
Participant
@oblivionsechelon

my tattoo artist told me to use only lubriderm, when i was going to use aquaphor like i did before.
always did work, i should have.

i wash it like 3 times a day and stopped putting lotion on that weird scabby middle of the rose, just kind of applying it around it.

but the scab came off in the shower a bit ago, its gross, and a deep hole in many spots.
it seems the ink is still there. PFM. it hurts less, idk. this is gonna need touched up.
i just dont know how to tell if that hole is infected.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

I also use Aquaphor, think it works great.

From the picture you sent me, I have a hard time believing it’s infected. The only reasons were stated previously, and that there is no swelling and no red areas..

Were there before?

And could you have an allergic reaction to an ingredient in Lubriderm?

Was the tattoo done by a sanitary professional?

Zach

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Did you rub Tussin on it?

No it doesn’t look infected. Was the tattooist heavy handed? I would leave it alone let it dry out a bit.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I don’t think it’s infected but really looks like the artist worked the hell out of it. Don’t over moisturize, see what happens and be ready for a touchup or two.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

It totally looks over worked. It will hurt more and for longer when your guy over works an area. Try to keep those scabs from coming off. Will need tons of touch-up.
Who’s the artist? Looks a bit ametureish.

OblivionsEchelon
Participant
@oblivionsechelon

he did put alot of pressure on it while it was being done.
i could tell, my hand fell asleep.
i have a black tattoo on my other wrist from 2 years ago and it healed perfectly.
something is just wrong with the black parts and now its just complete shit.
which is a shame because the colors are fine.
he probably wont even count this as a free touch up, so much needs re-done.

he is a professional, me and a friend went to the same guy, the same day and hers is perfect.

all i care about now is that it isnt infected and that when it does indeed heal, it wont be too fucked up to fix.

OblivionsEchelon
Participant
@oblivionsechelon

also, yes it was very swollen for days, and red.
its slowly getting better.
but i woke up last night and these cracks in the middle were bleeding really bad.
man, i dont know what happened.
it was a clean place, he cleaned it throughout getting it many times.

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

Yeah, I agree about it probably not being infected, but now that you’re saying it was bleeding and such, I would maybe just go get it checked out at the shop you had it done..might not be serious, but I’d wanna know anyways, to ease my mind. Oh, and it should still be a free touch up. Most artists offer it, I believe..and especially if you go back and they realize they overworked some areas (which they clearly did) they should be more than willing to fix it up until you’re happy with it!

OblivionsEchelon
Participant
@oblivionsechelon

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o232/lostandlovley12/Photo0041A-1.jpg

thats it today
with the scabs peeled off

i have no way to get anywhere that could look at it.
so im screwed really.

will this heal clean enough?
so that when it is fixed, it wont appear like it was completely messed up mat one point?

Yellowbeard
Participant
@yellowbeard

Overworked/overpenetrated. It’ll heal, but it won’t look good.

Make sure it’s thoroughly healed (give it a month) before trying to get it touched up.

kryptonite
Participant
@kryptonite

it doesnt look infected at all. i would really let it dry out and def expect some touch ups for sure. rinse it with soap and water, litly as you dont want to “pull” any scabs. i saw this before on my girlfreind. it took along time to heal. even after the healing it looked like some pink scarring in there. she said it hurt like hell. she went to my tattoo chick for a second opinion and she stated it was simply from a heavy hand. dont stress. once its all said and done it will look just fine. find another tattooer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.