stewroids
Participant
@stewroids

Hey all, just got a new tattoo on my left arm and I decided to try the saran wrap method.

I normally just clean the tattoo, use unscented lotion and leave it to air dry. I have some difficulties sleeping because of the tattoo, and usually by the 4-5th day it’ll feel much better, and begin to flake.

Now onto the saran wrap – I cleaned it using the same method (blot drying) and then immediately saran wrapped it and left it on for the day (and to bed). Sleeping was a breeze, and when I removed the saran wrap, there was VERY little pain (oppose to the air dry method), and the color looked remarkable! The only problem was there was a foul smell, but I believe it’s from the dried blood, or plasma that was goo’ing out.

Does anybody have experience with the smell, and what are your opinions on both methods?

Dayofthedead
Participant
@dayofthedead

hi i never use saran wrap on any of my tattoos. i just keep mine cover up for the first couple of hrs and after that i take it off. i use Healix gold by Tattoo Goo its really good stuff. and it heals pretty fast

mporcelhall
Participant
@mporcelhall

i’ve used both, i had the smell with suran wrap, but i had to use it with my feet

KittyHawk
Participant
@kittyhawk

I used saran wrap on my most recent tattoo upon recommendation of my artist. I left it on overnight initially, then washed with Ivory soap and wrapped in new saran 3x a day for two days. No ointment, no lotion, nothing for the first 48 hours. It was completely healed in 5 days, and it’s a pretty large piece that takes up most of my upper arm. For my other ink I’ve just kept it bandaged for 2-4 hours, then open aired, washed and lotioned 3x a day until healed. That method worked just fine for me too, though it did take longer to heal. Really, it’s a matter of preference (for me anyway).

I’m with you though; I like the saran method. As long as you keep it clean and fresh, I don’t see a problem. I can’t comment on a foul smell, but it very well could be plasma.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.