GraveOrchid
Participant
@graveorchid

Hey everybody,

I just got my second tattoo last Wednesday. A bad ass bracer that covers my wrist and forearm. Everything’s been going well so far until tonight when I noticed that not only does some of the ink seem to be disappearing, but some of it seems to blurring, leaking and generally effing up. I’ve followed the aftercare instructions provided by my artist. He recommended i use Aquaphore Ointment to apply to that tattoo. He said it worked extremely heal in terms of helping it heal. I apply it 2-3 times a day like he said and I generally keep it out of the water. I only wash it once a day as he said to avoid getting it wet too much. I spent $300 on this particular piece and it’s a very nice tattoo and I don’t want to see it screwed up. As for going back to the guy to consult the issue, not so much an option. He said he wouldn’t be able to finish applying the rest of the lines until after the piece completely heals.

Anybody have any suggestions? Sagely insight? :confused:

Snapshot_20101206.jpg

The creases between the fingers of the fist have gotten blurry, when they were fine lines.

Snapshot_20101206_1.jpg

The pentagram’s lines are fading and going away. The skull is losing a little color.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Just wait til it heels and go back to him as it is hard to see exactly what if anything is wrong from these pictures.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

What you are describing is a blow out where the ink pigment spreads out into the surrounding skin. This does happen and I would suggest when healed you get the artist to re-outline the effectd area.

The results can vary from fattening the existing line or putting in a new line and doing some shading to disguise the existing spread.

As for ink dropping out it is easily replaced once healed.

It is kinda hard to see exactly going on due to blur on camera.

Take Care
Matthew

GraveOrchid
Participant
@graveorchid

Makes sense, yeah. It seems as the healing process goes on, it gets worse and worse. It’s in the peeling phase right now and things seem to be getting blurrier and blurrier. And some places are even disappearing as the tattoo peels away. It’s irritating, really. My first tattoo healed perfectly and it’s a nice piece. This, though, has just gone to shit even though I am carefully following the shop’s healing guidelines.

jacksonsoo
Participant
@jacksonsoo

Your tattoo looks kinda cool. But yeah it’s quite difficult to see much from these pictures.

would suggest you go back to your artist if you’re worried.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.