30Hz
Participant
@30hz

Around 2 and a bit ,nearly 3 weeks after my last session I’m noticing some parts still seem to either have not healed correctly or are taking a little longer to heal, they look shinier when the light hits the affected areas and slightly raised, any thoughts?

Probably just me being a hypochondriac about it just after a second opinon.

PandorasJar
Participant
@pandorasjar

Were they sections that were gone over several times? I had this problem with a small section of my ribs where it was shaded over several times. Shiny and took longer to heal
All healed up fine though apart from one tiny bit I knocked the scab off and I’ll just have that re-done.
Mine always heal quicker than normal though, so the time frame means nothing to me!

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Without pics man, it’s really hard to help you out. I mean, without seeing it, we can only guess.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

30Hz
Participant
@30hz

Pandoras, yeah as far as my current shading goes, the parts in question did take a good going over.

Fair point too Knight, I’ll knock some up tomorrow.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Some take longer to heal than others and if the tattooer spent too much time trying to get a color in that maybe your skin doesn’t take well rather than move on and come back it can take longer….plus many other variables. How long does your body normally take to heal from a good cut or scrape?

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

I got my last tattoo done nearly three weeks ago as well, and I have just the same thing. But I did A LOT of black, and the places that bled the most, are def. taking some longer time to heal.
I’ve had the same problem before, sometimes even with no apparent reason. But it always goes away ๐Ÿ™‚ Just don’t pick on it, keep it clean, and keep it moist if it feels really dry. I’m sure you’ll be fine. One part of my sleeve actually took about six weeks to heal… And I usually heal in two weeks – tops. But yeah, if you’re really worried, just throw up some pics, and we can tell for sure.

30Hz
Participant
@30hz
poxphobia;77443 wrote:
I got my last tattoo done nearly three weeks ago as well, and I have just the same thing. But I did A LOT of black, and the places that bled the most, are def. taking some longer time to heal.
I’ve had the same problem before, sometimes even with no apparent reason. But it always goes away ๐Ÿ™‚ Just don’t pick on it, keep it clean, and keep it moist if it feels really dry. I’m sure you’ll be fine. One part of my sleeve actually took about six weeks to heal… And I usually heal in two weeks – tops. But yeah, if you’re really worried, just throw up some pics, and we can tell for sure.

Yeah, it seems that was the issue. I just had my third session on weds so I thought it’d be best to ask my guy. Bit of worrying over nothing really, little raised cause due to a bit more work in that area.

I suppose naturally when something takes a little longer to heal than guide-line thoughts turn to the worst possible outcomes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.